Sign in to follow this  
dirtysouth31

im a dumbass

okay first off i ordered a 18"bl dual 1,spl,and whatever the site says to order for spl...well i wasnt thinking,i admit i didnt know what i was doing i just ordered it..so i have it installed in my 01 jeep grand cherokee and after a couple enclosures i finally got one that sounds decent...and i have been running it daily with music with no problems..i know im a dumbass but whats done is done..no problems so far..well problem is on the dual 1 side..figured i could recone back to dual 2 since i had universal option but i dont wanna go through the hassle..my amp is the hifonics brutus 2010d..1300 at 2 ohms and 2200 at 1 ohm..since im running in series right now im not really giving all the power it wants,maybe its a good thing since its set for spl,but the hifonics is stablw to 1 ohm do you think its posible to wire in parallel and not kill the amp..like if i do for a few second burps would it be too much..i dont wanna kill the amp..damn i should of just ordered dual 2...how much would a recone be to virginia beach,va..total plus shipping...and also ive only had for about 3 months

Edited by dirtysouth31

okay first off i ordered a 18"bl dual 1,spl,and whatever the site says to order for spl...well i wasnt thinking,i admit i didnt know what i was doing i just ordered it..so i have it installed in my 01 jeep grand cherokee and after a couple enclosures i finally got one that sounds decent...and i have been running it daily with music with no problems..i know im a dumbass but whats done is done..no problems so far..well problem is on the dual 1 side..figured i could recone back to dual 2 since i had universal option but i dont wanna go through the hassle..my amp is the hifonics brutus 2010d..1300 at 2 ohms and 2200 at 1 ohm..since im running in series right now im not really giving all the power it wants,maybe its a good thing since its set for spl,but the hifonics is stablw to 1 ohm do you think its posible to wire in parallel and not kill the amp..like if i do for a few second burps would it be too much..i dont wanna kill the amp..damn i should of just ordered dual 2...how much would a recone be to virginia beach,va..total plus shipping...and also ive only had for about 3 months

You are better off with a recone you can go to FI's site and click on recones to find all that out.

I would get a recone. If the 2010 is like the older models it won't hold 1/2 ohm long enough to meter well (1/2 a second tops). Not going to rag on you about the SPL version for daily, but it may be worth it to sell the sub and just buy a new one with the options you need.

If you are looking to do a SPL setup maybe buying a 2nd amp and running one per coil would be better for burps. It would like the power. Best luck.

Edited by tejcurrent

Sign in to follow this