hdrox88

Diamond Fi SSA. Narrowed it down. Need help.

I have been doing tons of searching here and on other forums as I try to figure out exactly what I want to go into my next build. My question here is on subs. I have it narrowed down to three choices(til someone decides to throw something else into the mix). Diamond Audio D6, Fi Q, and SSA ICON. I will be using 2 15" drivers in an ex cab ranger. Most likely sealed at about 5 cubes. They will be seeing 1800rms from a T1500-1BD. I like it loud and clear. Tight and accurate all the way down to 40hz and lower. I like flat response, not too crazy peaky(except some hip-hop). I listen to anything, mostly rock though.

I am looking to see if anyone can compare the Diamonds to the others. I talked to Mark and John here in AZ and they said the ICON and Q are very similar. I also read on here somewhere that in sealed the Q has an advantage. Just looking for some more opinions. Any help is great. Thanks in advance.

i would say Q but thats mostly because of my experiebce with FI and i think they make great woofers. im sure the ICON is great too so probly either way you are getting a great woofer. i would stick with those over the diamond bc in my opinion ive never really been impressed with diamond.....but 15s sealed seems kind of a waste to me bc they are capable of so much more output in a vented enclosure. judging from cu ft in that truck theres no way you could port 2 15's properly so maybe you could look into a single 18 RE XXX ported or something like that based on your amp. i just dont like anything above 12 sealed but thats my opinion. a single 18 should be everything you can ask for and take in that truck. plus XXX's sound great and hit some seriosuly sweet notes. plus 18's in trucks just looks so nasty when you realize how big that actually is

With 5 Cubes sealed, a single 18" XCON would beat out all of the woofers (singularly) listed and absolutely LOVE the power you have.

With 5 Cubes sealed, a single 18" XCON would beat out all of the woofers (singularly) listed and absolutely LOVE the power you have.

What exactly do you mean when you say it would beat the others? Just louder? How would it sound compared to two 15"?

What exactly do you mean when you say it would beat the others? Just louder? How would it sound compared to two 15"?

well that is all install dependent, so 1 18 can be louder, but most likely the 2 15's would be louder. based on the fact that they are the same sub. the 18 would be a lower and more solid sound. i prefer the sound of 18's. the XCON would be another great choice. and XCONs are cheaper than a XXX by far, but i would think that the XCON and the XXX would be similar in the fact that they are both Loud Sound Quality woofers

well that is all install dependent, so 1 18 can be louder, but most likely the 2 15's would be louder. based on the fact that they are the same sub. the 18 would be a lower and more solid sound. i prefer the sound of 18's. the XCON would be another great choice. and XCONs are cheaper than a XXX by far, but i would think that the XCON and the XXX would be similar in the fact that they are both Loud Sound Quality woofers

How big of a difference is the sound quality of the xcons compared to the others I listed. I am not going for numbers or anything. Just a great sounding daily that can get decently loud if I want to.

Anyone else have any input for my situation?

I say do 2 12" Qs or Icons in a ported box. I wouldn't do 2 15"s sealed. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by phi

I am still open to going ported, I just want to be 100% sure I wont get any port noise. The box is gonna be right behind me in my ex cab ranger.