Sign in to follow this  
mwerling1212

port placement

I have a 1990 lincoln towncar, and i need help deciding on where the sub and port should go. I had my ss rl-p18 in there, sub/port back, but i didnt like that. I cant put the sub forward because ltc trunks are like pits with no clear passage to the cab if you get what im saying. Thanks

I have a 1990 lincoln towncar, and i need help deciding on where the sub and port should go. I had my ss rl-p18 in there, sub/port back, but i didnt like that. I cant put the sub forward because ltc trunks are like pits with no clear passage to the cab if you get what im saying. Thanks

Try this. Sub facing up, with the port firing towards the driver's side of the car at the back of the box.

I have done testing, and you will be able to get the largest volume with this method (short of a wall :P ) and firing this way got the loudest in my car (TermLab) as opposed to firing the port in other directions.

If you cannot visualize what I am saying, just click on the link to my vids in my signature. Good luck!

Edited by nick_19

I cant really see the port, but if its facing forward into the cabin, i cant do that because of how the ltc trunks are.

either go both sub and port back, port up and sub up, port back and sub up unless you have a skihole in your seats. we cant really suggest the best placement since we dont have your car but if someone who did could chime in otherwise its just a toss up. plus wood is the cheapest thing in an install so building a box wont set you back if you dont like it or it doesnt sound good unless you pay someone to build it for you(local shops that charge $200 or better).

Thanks for the help. I think im going to try sub up, port back. i just have a good week or so now before i get my new amp, so i have a lot of time to prepare!