Sign in to follow this  
bigrank916

Which alt is better for my setup?

Ok so I have saved my jack and Im ready to buy an alt but wondering which one. I will be buying from mechman and want to know what u guys think. My system will include the SAZ-4500d, SAX-100.4, and maybe the SAX-50.4. Matt has a 200 amp (125 idle) alt BNIB by powermaster for 225 plus ship or a 250 amp rhino series (150 idle) BNIB for 299. I cant remember if the ship is included or not but the latter is part of his July sale.

My budget tells me to get the 200 but I know I SHOULD get the 250 rhino. I need to buy this by the end of this week because I wont likely find these prices anytime soon anywhere else.

Whatcha think fellas? :ehh:

i would say for a 4500d bigger is better!! but what are you running for batteries? like 2-4batteries in your trunk i hope? lol!!

i would say for a 4500d bigger is better!! but what are you running for batteries? like 2-4batteries in your trunk i hope? lol!!

I am planning on 1 under the hood and 2-3 in the back. All batts will be Powermaster D3100's. I also just got a quote from rob @ dc power for an AD-300SP which is 300 amps (150 idle) for 550 including the harness. I heard dc power is very reputable and reliable too.

I just dont want to buy another down the road cause the mechman 200 or 250 isnt enough. :suicide-santa:

Well tomorrow is the last day of the July sale for Mechman and I think Im going with the 250 amp rhino series for $299. I should probably go bigger but love the price on the rhino. I'll have to call Matt during my work hours tomorrow as he is on the east coast and I dont get off work till late here in cali. Im pretty set on the rhino but looking for advice on what u guys might do. Anybody have any input?

Well this morning I bought the 250 amp rhino series w/ the accidental coverage. Everything is starting to come together and I can't wait to install the new system...in a couple months.