Sign in to follow this  
Highest Grade

Need Help with Daily Spl Setup

Hey Guys Call me a NOOB or Whatever you want, but i need your help,

i have tried Kicker L7's, Pioneer Premier Spl, Alphasonik Mayhem and not really achieving alot , only the kicker sounded good but you only get one type of bass,

now i want to set up a system thats gona be loud outside and shake the ground, i need your help here because i'm gonna try FI's

should i get BL's or BTL's and should i go 2-12" or 1-15", i have a 09 sonata and currently have a MTX TE1501D amp but will upgrade to MMATS 3000.05 next month

my trunk is huge but i still need cargo space, so i'm willing to sacrifice 36W x 17H x 19.5D, can you guys plz help me with a box plan also, i listen to mostly reggae and hip hop,

i can use all the help i can get.

thank you in advance

i'm trying to get atleast 140+ from this setup, can this be accomplished? any recommendation that i can apply to my approach

Hey Guys Call me a NOOB or Whatever you want, but i need your help,

i have tried Kicker L7's, Pioneer Premier Spl, Alphasonik Mayhem and not really achieving alot , only the kicker sounded good but you only get one type of bass,

now i want to set up a system thats gona be loud outside and shake the ground, i need your help here because i'm gonna try FI's

should i get BL's or BTL's and should i go 2-12" or 1-15", i have a 09 sonata and currently have a MTX TE1501D amp but will upgrade to MMATS 3000.05 next month

my trunk is huge but i still need cargo space, so i'm willing to sacrifice 36W x 17H x 19.5D, can you guys plz help me with a box plan also, i listen to mostly reggae and hip hop,

i can use all the help i can get.

thank you in advance

why would u want a system loud outside the car? Is that where u will be seated when u drive?

What kind of enclosures r they in? It sounds like u need a lot of help. U should stay away from; "will this be louder than..."

the knowledge gurus don't like answering those types of q's. It sucks but that's how it is.

Try to research a little more here on older topics about what u want.

Then start a new topic with a better formulated question.

so u are tellin us that you went through each of those subs with a 1500w amp and never broke 140db?

You have major install and box design problems.

It has nothing to do with your equipment, adding power is just a waste of your money now...

I am willing to bet that I could break a 140 with 1500w in your trunk off of just 1 of those subs, any one of them tuned in the low 30s and over 143 with 2, yes i said more than 3db difference...

Point is, it's not equipment, it's all install failure.

ok i'm willing to admit yeah i messed up on that

the amp is wired correct (power is at 14.4v) gains are correct and bass boost is down

it seems a have a box building problem i just can't seem to get it right, i test with a handheld db meter, might not be correct but will give me a ball park,

okay i'm going with FI can someone plz tell me which one, what size, how many and design an enclosure plz

the reason why i want to be loud outside too is because every month end there is a head to head street comp where the crowd judges not a meter

thank you guys for the help and plz continue

Edited by Highest Grade

Well then you got it made then.

Lower frequencies sound louder to the ear!

If you gettin that mmats amp, then the BTL is the only sub that would survive, lol

I'll look into your box dimensions later.

Can you take some pics of your trunk from the outside and inside and post them here?

If u got room for more than 1 sub, ill post it here but i gotta do some work then design u somethin.

Well then you got it made then.

Lower frequencies sound louder to the ear!

If you gettin that mmats amp, then the BTL is the only sub that would survive, lol

I'll look into your box dimensions later.

Can you take some pics of your trunk from the outside and inside and post them here?

If u got room for more than 1 sub, ill post it here but i gotta do some work then design u somethin.

thank you shizzzon i will put the pics up, can we use the MTX amp i realy don't want smoke comming out of my car

Yea, your best bet is to go with a single 15.

I got a design for you but it's not gonna work with Fi, you gonna have to get a Sundown Nightshade Dual 1(since u gettin an amp rated at 3000w @0.5ohm).

Box design -

~3.5 cubes NET (for the best in output) tuned to ~32hz with 62sqin of port area, very large port area! 15.5" high x 4" wide port.

This is a rough draft of the design but i STRONGLY suggest you accept it for what you want to run with.

I have heard the Nightshades in person from ALL kinds of setups!

single 15 off of a saz-3000d = over 148s (tuned at 36hz)

2 18s and saz-3000d = just breaking 150db.

there are 2 other setups i've heard but specs are unknown, just very loud, hehe.

The nightshade can handle the power but recommended only for short several second runs.

Do not drive around daily with it blastin with that much power as you will lose hearing and eventually damage sub. If you have experience with what to look for before damaging a sub and know how to setup amps properly then power is not a problem.

if that amp is 1 ohm stable then u gotta get the Dual 2 version.

If you plan to use that amp instead, i probably will suggest backing down to a BL.

I would probably still keep same box design...

I would contact Fi about it though and ask them what would be suggested as the best "bassrace NET volume for a single 15" BL" so i can get the specs to you for a design.

if that amp is 1 ohm stable then u gotta get the Dual 2 version.

If you plan to use that amp instead, i probably will suggest backing down to a BL.

I would probably still keep same box design...

I would contact Fi about it though and ask them what would be suggested as the best "bassrace NET volume for a single 15" BL" so i can get the specs to you for a design.

ok so im gonna go with one 15" Bl because it for daily also, so im gona stick with the 1500 watts

ok, as soon u tell me what the best volume is for that BL AND pics of your trunk, i'll make you the graphic design.

ok, as soon u tell me what the best volume is for that BL AND pics of your trunk, i'll make you the graphic design.

thank you so much shizzzon, the specs and pics will be up here tomorrow

Alright sounds good.

Remember, the specs you gave earlier in this thread, i'm gonna use those as your external dimensions of the box. It is up to you to make sure that those dimensions are small enough to fit in your trunk once you build it.

Since you need cargo space, i am assuming you will need the back half of the trunk free, correct?

If this is true, your best bet is forward firing and sealing off the trunk. If you are willing to seal off the trunk... then welcome to SPL, :)

If not, no biggie, but would be better if ya did.

Alright sounds good.

Remember, the specs you gave earlier in this thread, i'm gonna use those as your external dimensions of the box. It is up to you to make sure that those dimensions are small enough to fit in your trunk once you build it.

Since you need cargo space, i am assuming you will need the back half of the trunk free, correct?

If this is true, your best bet is forward firing and sealing off the trunk. If you are willing to seal off the trunk... then welcome to SPL, :)

If not, no biggie, but would be better if ya did.

yeah it would fit

Front firing sounds great, just tell me how to seal the sucker off and it's done!!!