Sign in to follow this  
Notorious97200

bass boost : how to use it ?

Hi all,

I've read here and there not to use the bass boost( because of clipping signal?).

But, if it is so bad, why do we have it on the Sundown amps like my saz 1000 D ?

How and when to use it?

Mine is still set to the minimum, and my 15" Icon seems to love it:)!

Very rarely it is necessary if the head unit RCA voltage is so low you cannot get decent output even with gain at maximum.

can they be used as a bass control knob instead of a boost? the cops around my town are strict about car audio and i think it woudl be nice to be able to turn mine down extremely fast because my volume takes too long to turn down.

can they be used as a bass control knob instead of a boost? the cops around my town are strict about car audio and i think it woudl be nice to be able to turn mine down extremely fast because my volume takes too long to turn down.

Thats what the remote control is for (as a gain adjuster, if your gain is at 50% on the amplifier the remote will play it from the maximum level of 50% to the minimum level of 50%).

The OP was just talking about the bass boost setting on the amplifier it self.

Edited by jay-cee

Very rarely it is necessary if the head unit RCA voltage is so low you cannot get decent output even with gain at maximum.

I don't have this problem with my pioneer 88 rs. I will keep it down low.

Thanks a lot Sundownz. :)

Edited by Notorious from FWI

Sign in to follow this