Sign in to follow this  
dsm2nrs1

(2) saz 3500D's or (1) saz 4500D

I'm trying to decide If I should go with one SAZ-4500D or two 3500D's to power (2) 18" FI BTL's fully loaded. I had my mind pretty set on the saz-4500D, but Ive read that plenty of guys are running the fully loaded btl's way over 3k each so I dont think that the saz-4500D could get the most out of the two btl's running at normal volts of 12.8-14.5 So what amp do you guys think i should go with or whats the better idea?

Thanks,

Mike P.

What is your goal? And do you have the electrical backbone to supply the current for these large amps?

4500. Save the life of the subs. There's really no reason to run them at more than 2000 watts on a daily basis. Plus you don't have to beef up the electrical system as much.

This is going to be a build from scratch. So electrical will be adressed.My goal Isnt anything crazy. Just want a daily setup that I can beat on with low hertz music (rap/bass test). I just don't want to regret later on not getting something that will truly make the btl's shine since I'm already spending a bunch of money .. Is the electrical upgrade of two 3500's way more drastic than one 4500? And I really didnt think about the life of the subs! Thats a good point! Does it really beat the subs up that much more? Well I guess the most important question is will it be much louder that its going to be worth the more money for amps,electrical etc? If not than i have my answer and i will stick with the 4500D.

Thanks for the fast replys guys :partybanana:

This is going to be a build from scratch. So electrical will be adressed.My goal Isnt anything crazy. Just want a daily setup that I can beat on with low hz music (rap/bass test). I just don't want to regret later on not getting something that will truly make the btl's shine since I'm already spending a bunch of money .. Is the electrical upgrade of two 3500's way more drastic than one 4500? And I really didnt think about the life of the subs! Thats a good point! Does it really beat the subs up that much more? Well I guess the most important question is will it be much louder that its going to be worth the more money for amps,electrical etc? If not than i have my answer and i will stick with the 4500D.

Thanks for the fast replys guys :partybanana:

you need to upgrade your alternator and get at least 2 d3100s first and then think about which amps to buy ... id go 2 of the saz-3000d strapped but if you dont know what you are doing then stick with the 4500 ... you can run a lot of power to those subs but not daily ... if you are using it for a daily driver then just a 4500 will do ... it will put out close to 5k at 1 ohm n e way ... in order to get 5k you need to upgrade your electrical system or everything has the potential to be damaged including your car

I'd go with one 4500D. While the BTL may handle the 3500 each if you are careful, IMO, you don't need that much on them to work well.

Yeah If the 3500D's don't make that much of a diffrence in db or spl than I will stick with the single 4500D. I dont need the system for competition, but for personal enjoyment and a little bit of showing off here and there. lol

Thanks for the help guys.

Mike. P