phresh

Questions about SAZ-1500d & Electrical

ya a 135amp alt is already pretty beffy just get a new battery and see how it all works out! and if your system starts to have voltage issue then reconsider a bigger alt, or maybe get a missing link!!!

http://missinglinkaudio.com/

Sorry about the excessive comments but thats where im stuck at. If i might have to get a bigger alternator then why not spend the money that i would be buying a battery with on a alternator?

well you are asking if i am going to need a bigger alt in the long run why not just got a bigger alt! well how about lets look at this mathematically for a 2000rms setup at 1ohm your amp will need like 45amps. but 2000rms/12.8volts = 156amp draw! so if your alt puts out 150 you will be able to supply the demand.

is that correct or did i screw something up?

i will just get a big enough battery to support my system. right now my setup is 1 15inch ns 2- batcap 2000's and STOCK battery and STOCK alt (105) and a SAZ2000 pushing all it is worth. my lowest voltage i have read off of my stinger volt meter is 12.8volts at full tilt after playing a full song.

I have 2 Deka Intimidators with a stock 90amp alt and stock battery...with an SAZ3000D and 100.4 and I never go below 12.8 on a tone.

Whats the website where I can look up the specs of the Dekas? I think im going to go with a Kinetik 2000 or 2400 if I get it at a good price in addition to my yellow top

ya a 135amp alt is already pretty beffy just get a new battery and see how it all works out! and if your system starts to have voltage issue then reconsider a bigger alt, or maybe get a missing link!!!

http://missinglinkaudio.com/

Sorry about the excessive comments but thats where im stuck at. If i might have to get a bigger alternator then why not spend the money that i would be buying a battery with on a alternator?

well you are asking if i am going to need a bigger alt in the long run why not just got a bigger alt! well how about lets look at this mathematically for a 2000rms setup at 1ohm your amp will need like 45amps. but 2000rms/12.8volts = 156amp draw! so if your alt puts out 150 you will be able to supply the demand.

is that correct or did i screw something up?

i will just get a big enough battery to support my system. right now my setup is 1 15inch ns 2- batcap 2000's and STOCK battery and STOCK alt (105) and a SAZ2000 pushing all it is worth. my lowest voltage i have read off of my stinger volt meter is 12.8volts at full tilt after playing a full song.

I have 2 Deka Intimidators with a stock 90amp alt and stock battery...with an SAZ3000D and 100.4 and I never go below 12.8 on a tone.

Whats the website where I can look up the specs of the Dekas? I think im going to go with a Kinetik 2000 or 2400 if I get it at a good price in addition to my yellow top

u should get a single powermaster. it will cost u a lot less than a kinetik. i dont know about the dekas and how good they are as i have no experience with them. people rave about them tho as they are not that expensive and do work. i would also be interested to see the data sheets

Edited by Lucky 76

u should get a single powermaster. it will cost u a lot less than a kinetik. i dont know about the dekas and how good they are as i have no experience with them. people rave about them tho as they are not that expensive and do work. i would also be interested to see the data sheets

www.remybattery.com

2004 Explorer 4.0

Yellow Top

Big 3 will be done in 1/0 when installed

Stock 135A Alternator

2 15" Icons

Sundown 1500

Sundown 100.4

Couple quick questions before I get a alternator & everything installed:

1 - How do I calculate how big of an alternator I need? Ive seen a couple different way but whats most accurate? Also have a 100.4

2 - Would a 200A alternator and a yellow top suffice for the two amps to stay above 13v at idle? I can try 250A if need be.

3 - Anyone ever use qualitypowerauto.com to get an amp? I want to upgrade to 200A for no more than $300 if I can

Ford didn't make a 135 amp alt, it's actually 130 amp, but make sure you have the correct alt, as in '04 they used the small case 3G (115amp), and the 4G(130 amp), so you may not have the necessary current you need.

The 4G will actually put out about 150 so if you do have that, you should be okay on your electrical side. My Taurus handled my BPX2200 no problem, along with 3 other amps, so you should be okay.

I do suggest upping to the 200 just for safety's sake. The 200 amp Ford offerings are solid as a rock if you buy them from a reputable vendor. You can actually get an OEM Ford 200amp alt if you look hard enough.

Quality Power Auto, is not well known by many, but they are very well known in the rebuilding world. High class products from a great company. Don't hesitate to use them!

. . . . And you do not NEED a dual alt setup. While this is ideal, in all instances, it is not a necessity.

Be leery of what people post on the internet, as the wealth of misinformation is greater that that of information.

2004 Explorer 4.0

Yellow Top

Big 3 will be done in 1/0 when installed

Stock 135A Alternator

2 15" Icons

Sundown 1500

Sundown 100.4

Couple quick questions before I get a alternator & everything installed:

1 - How do I calculate how big of an alternator I need? Ive seen a couple different way but whats most accurate? Also have a 100.4

2 - Would a 200A alternator and a yellow top suffice for the two amps to stay above 13v at idle? I can try 250A if need be.

3 - Anyone ever use qualitypowerauto.com to get an amp? I want to upgrade to 200A for no more than $300 if I can

Ford didn't make a 135 amp alt, it's actually 130 amp, but make sure you have the correct alt, as in '04 they used the small case 3G (115amp), and the 4G(130 amp), so you may not have the necessary current you need.

The 4G will actually put out about 150 so if you do have that, you should be okay on your electrical side. My Taurus handled my BPX2200 no problem, along with 3 other amps, so you should be okay.

I do suggest upping to the 200 just for safety's sake. The 200 amp Ford offerings are solid as a rock if you buy them from a reputable vendor. You can actually get an OEM Ford 200amp alt if you look hard enough.

Quality Power Auto, is not well known by many, but they are very well known in the rebuilding world. High class products from a great company. Don't hesitate to use them!

. . . . And you do not NEED a dual alt setup. While this is ideal, in all instances, it is not a necessity.

Be leery of what people post on the internet, as the wealth of misinformation is greater that that of information.

x2 - i think the 130 amp usually comes on the v8 model or with the towing package i forget ... i know my aviator had a 130 and it did work ... charged that bitch at 14.6 and didnt drop below 12.8 AT ALL ... this was with a bxi2006d and jbl 1004 along with other accessories on

When i seen this suggested... i had contemplated on killing myself... but i decided to help a few others, lol

WTF are you talking about?

U must not have gotten the "joke".

Suggesting a dual alt setup for such a low powered install is ridiculous.... And on top of suggesting battery isolators... i basically had to quit reading the rest of the posts.

I've seen some humorous recommendations but i had to walk away for a while when i read this thread...

U must not have gotten the "joke".

Suggesting a dual alt setup for such a low powered install is ridiculous.... And on top of suggesting battery isolators... i basically had to quit reading the rest of the posts.

I've seen some humorous recommendations but i had to walk away for a while when i read this thread...

ya i left that alone ... id figure u would chime in about some isos lol

It's not ridiculous, it's just not a necessity.

Having an isolated power source for the audio system is ideal, no matter the circumstance, but again, not a necessity. If he wanted to go through the trouble to do so, he could reap the benefits, but it's probably not cost-effective for his goals.

i was talking to dom about isos and he said for every 1 good reason to get one there is 10 bad ones ... why did he say this and what are the disadvantages

btw tirefryr i must say that whenever i see your icon i must stop and gaze for a good minute lol

Edited by Lucky 76

btw tirefryr i must say that whenever i see your icon i must stop and gaze for a good minute lol

x2, she gets me a few times also (I swear she stares me in my eyes then I wake up) :wacky:

www.remybattery.com

Thanks yalll. It is a 130A. I dont think that would change much though. Which Deka do I get off the website because it looks so confusing and they have little specs. It looks like most of em are the same battery.

www.remybattery.com

Thanks yalll. It is a 130A. I dont think that would change much though. Which Deka do I get off the website because it looks so confusing and they have little specs. It looks like most of em are the same battery.

9a31