Sign in to follow this  
inkfx

Time for a new battery.

I've been having problems with my stock battery and I want to replace it. So I want something good to replace it. I just measured and I have a max 12" long x 7.5" wide. I'm just a little unsure what to go with. My budget is around $200 but I don't mind spending a little more if need be.

This is my first battery purchase so I'm not sure what the best place to order from either. I was thinking a Kinetik 1800 but I'm not sure, I just don't want to make the wrong decision and regret it. Appreciate any help.

Edited by inkfx

My stock battery is only 7" high but I think I could get 8.5" max. If it comes down to it I may just have to throw a bigger battery in the trunk. I'm going to get my stock one tested at autozone to see if I can keep it up front and throw a spare on an isolater in the back.

Well I grabbed a Yellowtop from Autozone today. Was only $189 with a free install. Voltage is more stable and my car isn't stuttering when I turn it on anymore.

Well I grabbed a Yellowtop from Autozone today. Was only $189 with a free install. Voltage is more stable and my car isn't stuttering when I turn it on anymore.

A yellowtop will never hurt, have you done the big 3 yet?

Shoulda gone to Sears and gotten a Die Hard. More power in the same case.Friends and family night is actually this Sunday starting at 6, you'd get 10% off.

I left my headlights on all night with my yellowtop on purpose and my truck started right up the next morning. i was pretty impressed to say the least.

A yellowtop will never hurt, have you done the big 3 yet?

No, I haven't done the big 3 yet. I do have spare 8ga wire but I was thinking that might be too small to be worth it. Once I get the money I was gonna pick up some extra 1/0 to do it. But I'm not sure how soon that will be.

Shoulda gone to Sears and gotten a Die Hard. More power in the same case.Friends and family night is actually this Sunday starting at 6, you'd get 10% off.

Wish I would have known that before. I wasn't getting many suggestions so I just went with the Yellowtop. Hopefully that will keep me happy and do fine with my SAE-1200D.