lhschmid

Which Amp, and head unit are best for this sub??

So I am about to purchase the BL18 Dual 1 ohm, but I am not sure on what amp and head units fit this sub the best. Can anyone give me any suggestions? I need the sub for rap and hip hop that involve a lot of bass to pump me on my way to the gym, because I bodybuild. I drive a 98 Lexus es 300 and will probably throw it in my trunk. And I am also unsure of what kind of box to use, and what dimensions. Can anybody give me some suggestions? (you might be a poet and not even know it- wow that was gay)

Budget for amp and head unit? With your listening tastes I'd definitely recommend a ported box, probably something like 6-7 cubes @ 33 hz, if you can fit it. Give us some dimensions of your trunk and we can give better dimensions for a box that'll fit.

Budget for a head unit is anything around or under $300

Budget for an amp is anything around or under $400

and I am working on trying to find dimensions for my trunk- it isn't very large

Budget for a head unit is anything around or under $300

Budget for an amp is anything around or under $400

and I am working on trying to find dimensions for my trunk- it isn't very large

I think a 15" will suit you better.

OK my trunk dimensions are 36" x 43" x 17". And I have a deal for a BT18 so I am not worried about a 15. So what box dimensions are suggestible?

OK my trunk dimensions are 36" x 43" x 17". And I have a deal for a BT18 so I am not worried about a 15. So what box dimensions are suggestible?

You should be worried about a 15 unless you are trying to build your own box in your trunk. Are those measurements clean? Or are there obstructions in the area (i.e. wheel wheels, anything to obscure the straight measurement)? With those measurements you have around 12-13 ft ^3. I'd recommend Eclipse, Alpine, or Pioneer head units but remember this is opinionated (Pioneer is nice but can be temper mental). Are you building this box? Amp is as well opinionated. At this forum you will more than likely be recommended a Sundown Audio amp, which is what I would recommend. SAZ-1500d or SAZ-2000d are very nice choices. However, since the woofer is a 1 ohm (if you still plan on that 18) you will need an amp that will produce its power @ 2 ohms, so Sundown may not be your choice. Depending on how experienced you are with tuning and setting amplifiers it could be either. What sort of electrical upgrades do you have planned for the car? Big 3? Secondary battery? etc. We need additional information before help can be provided.

Edit: by BT18 I thought you meant BTL not BL. For a BL I would recommend a SAZ-1000d. A SAZ-2000d will put out 1000w @ 2 ohm which is what your looking for.

Edited by crazytexan

What If I can get an arc audio 1000 watt Foose amp at 1 ohm for a good deal. Is that alright to go with the BT18? I have seen it in action and it sets off car alarms in parking lots. But I do not know if that is what I need.