o42o

Installing a stock HU into another car?

i got my friend's stock HU from his civic cuz he got a new one and i want to install it into my 88crx but the back of his HU doesnt have wires hanging like most aftermarket ones, it has a slot just to plug the stock car harness into, so now what :P

You'll have to get a wiring diagram for the HU you have now. I suggest going to www.the12volt.com and do a search for the year and make of the Civic. They should have the wiring color codes. You can proceed from there. I don't know much about imports, but if it has any buss cable connections, be aware as you may not be able to use it as most nowadays are tied into the actual ECM in a lot of vehicles. Good Luck!

You'll have to get a wiring diagram for the HU you have now.  I suggest going to www.the12volt.com and do a search for the year and make of the Civic.  They should have the wiring color codes.  You can proceed from there.  I don't know much about imports, but if it has any buss cable connections, be aware as you may not be able to use it as most nowadays are tied into the actual ECM in a lot of vehicles.  Good Luck!

ok can't i do this, get 2 universal (honda) wire harness adapters, then hook up 1 harness to the stock harness, then i would attach the 2nd harness to the one I just hooked up the stock, and then just stick the stock honda HU in?

i suck at explaining :(

But a 1988 harness and a 1999 harness

Plug the 1988 in the stock harness, wire that to the 1999 harness and then plug the 1999 harness into the stock 1999 harness.

But a 1988 harness and a 1999 harness

Plug the 1988 in the stock harness, wire that to the 1999 harness and then plug the 1999 harness into the stock 1999 harness.

OH 4 SHO :)