SpeakerBoy

Lincolns vs. Crown vics

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which car would you choose for bass? Please comment why.

• 2002 Lincoln Towncar
    • 89 Ford Crown Victoria
    • Other (Post)
  2. 2. What would you choose?

both guzzle gas.

it only gets 10-12mpg, and its very heavy.

Both cars are heavy, but both should be getting city mileage in the 20s if they are mechanically sound. Something is wrong here.

I chose the 89 because it's built like a tank, little to no body flex..

They're built on the same platform, and the newer ones are updated, so NVH is better on the newer models.

The Lincoln is a way quieter car in the first place which is huge for sounding good. All your rim choices are unpleasant. :(

X2!

i used to own an 88 crown vic... do not get the older style.

I had a box in there tuned to 29hz, it broke the trunk latch right off the frame, had to be re-welded.

I also had 2 auto shops prohibit warranting my Catalytic Converter on my car after the 3rd one broke within 3 days of having it re-re-reinstalled with a conclusion that the stereo system was damaging it.

Let's see, vibrate the shit out of something and it's bound to break, no matter the make, model, year, etc. . . Except the cat. No, sorry, your stereo had nothing to do with the cat breaking. It was broken to begin with, replaced incorrectly, and done so a second time.

X2 about the trunk latch. I had to get mine welded for a second time yesterday and mine is only tuned to 33hz. These trunks cannot handle a moderate size setup. Therefore I also vote for the lincoln.

. . . And the Lincoln's latch is welded on the same way as the CV's.

The Lincoln is a way quieter car in the first place which is huge for sounding good. All your rim choices are unpleasant. :(

That gave me a good laugh. Come on now the spokes walk all over the blades. I think the blades were a one hit wonder man. Spokes have been nicely rooted for years.

As for the cars it would be the linc. I had an 87 linc and Id rather have it a little newer. The 02 is gonna have so much better acoustics to start with than the 89. Its 13 years older. Easy choice for me.

...and where the hell is big jon?! Sooo...what'll it be?

Thats what i'm wondering.

Incidentally, has anyone seen pictures of that ridiculous purple car on 40" rims?

That car is really effing stupid. I work in Fresno, CA and see cars about half that size almost every day. I shake my head in disappointment like an old grandpa lookin at my stereo. But...thats why we all have our own opinions cause the dude rollin that car definately thinks the opposite of mine.

Definitely go with the Towncar. I have a 97 and I love it. Rock solid cars for sure. Mine has seen better days. Started to rust and was recently hit by my neighbor and did some cosmetic damage.

I removed my rear speakers in my towncar, but that was just to eliminate the rear stage. I have mounted a JL 6w0 in the rear dash within a factory enclosure. Worked out well.

TownCar all the way!

Can't beat the ride either.

CIMG0235-1.jpg

CIMG0061-2.jpg

CIMG0063-1.jpg

Unfortunately, these are from right after I purchased my Towncar. It's got some imperfections and a lovely new exhaust leak but I love these cars!

alright guys... well i have had alot of personal shit latly... but im here.!

lincoln VS crown vic....................................

im a lincoln man and thats no doubt... but if your asking for a SPL car i would NOT do a 02 lincoln. for many reasons...

1, the trunk opeing is small.

2. the gas tank sits up and down seperatin the trunk from the cabin.. but then again all the year lincolns and all the big body fords are the same way.

3. the fuel vaper system is located on the bottom of the trunk.. not only do subs break and mess up these parts but it also makes ALOT of noise outside of the car.

on the other hand...

lincolns......

look fly drive well and are great cars when taken care of,

they do have tons of factory dampender and are made to be comfortable and quite.

crownvics.....

now i have owned a few of every body style lincoln from the 70's to 02

83-89 body style is very close to a crownvic.. in almost TOO many ways.

with a HUGE square clam shell trunk opening.. and a DEEP trunk space allows for alot of options..... i had 4 12's back firing stacked on top of eachother with 2 foor on each side left over... a HUGE opening is just as important as a large trunk.. makes it simple to drop a 300 lbs box inside with easy and ingury free!!...... putting my new box in was VERY hard.. it took 3 manlymen and some busted scapped arms to get it in. not fun when its that much weight.

GAS ...................................

my 89 towncars always got arounf 18 miles to the gal avg and i mashed on the hwys 80-90 all the time....

95 97 96 towncars always got 24 miles with stocks... 20 with 20's

02 01 towncars got 25 stocks. 23 on 20's 19 on 22's and i get like 15 with these 24's and almost 1000 lbs of batterys and bullshit in my truck....

all figurs of the 01 02 towncars in with a/c on.

rims...................

i hate blades... the last time i even enjoyed blades was in 95 they called them tri stars back in they day.. and they looked a lil diffrent.

spokes.. .to me have allways looked like class. IMO>

but if your gonna get spokes good luck finding them new rigght now... with out econamy the way it is they havent even been making new rims... infact they talked about closing down

i bought and paid for 24 inch spoked 4 times.. every time my money was sent back because they were makin no more spokes

another bad thing about spokes is.. they bent easy as they are a steel wheel.. and once they bend the chrome will start to chip.

one key fits all.. so anyone with a key to spokes has a key to your shit!

they to have problems with losse spokes..... and leaking air..... and if you rlive up north spokes go back fast with the salt. they will rust fast!!! as they have many small places for water to collect...

did i miss anything????

oh and 145~150 in a big body like this????????? is gonna take ALOT of time.. and money and tweeking... i asure you of that... youg gonna have to spend the time and money to build test box anfter test box trying to find that perfect one.... and with the gas tanks being the way they are it makes it that much harder to gain pressure...

removing the back speakers will give you little gain.. but once you get to a certine spl level keeping rear deck speakers ALIVE is impossible.

ok i donno.

50% vic, 50% lincoln.

50% blades, 0% spokes.

So, in the event that i choose the lincoln, (this is what i hear most of you posting), what should i do to make keeping it pretty, a little easier?

And on to my second question, what setup(s) do you guys think would make the most of the space available? My first thought was two 15's, after looking at Jons trunk, those seem to fit nice and cozy. My goal is output, without making a fartbox. I'd like to see 145-150dB on music, but keep it tuned low, maybe 28hz, i want every note to be loud and proud.

Off the top of my head, i would love to see two Xcon 15's i there, and a 3500D audioque, or sundown, but with the space requirements and a tuning that low, would the overall size be too big?

I have a couple songs i would love to show off with when i get a car, the two that some up first are "dopeman" (slowed to 83%) by OJ da Juiceman, and Never scared Chopped & Screwed by Bonecrusher. Just gets me all excited :lol:

And a question to all you lincoln owners, would it sound good, to remove the speakers from the rear deck, to let more bass into the cabin?

Finally, for a front stage would these be suffiecient? Only 90rms, but they look pretty good.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p1103/EF61CV-CDT-Audio-EuroFit-65"-2Way-Component-Speakers.htm

thanks,

-Chris

Tuning to 28 and 145-150 is NOT going to happen for you period. Not in a sedan, not with only 2 15's. If you want 145-150 you will need a big box with big ports tuned high. Considering there's guys with small hatchbacks, dual 18's and 6+KW that only hit 145 @ 30hz. and that's doing hair tricks.

OH, and I really really miss driving a lincoln :( Have used towncar and continental in the past, both really really pleasant to drive, not so great for accoustics.... If you want accoustics stick to SUV, king-cab pickup, wagon, or hatchback.

Edited by hispls

If your putting wheels on those cars you might as well do it right and get 26's

shut up. it plain to see you have no idea what it take to put 26 inch rims on a car like this.

Cadillac all the way... Ford sucks!

*ducks and hides* SORRY BIGJON JUST KIDDIN' !!! :coolugh:

Oh and that's true blades are played out... kinda like how everyone was jammin 'Wanna Be A Baller' forever and a day

Edited by CadillacMatt