I am putting in 3 external batteries in the back of my suv. The batteries are obviously going to be grounded to the chasis. I have been confused on whether it would be better to ground the amps to the chasis as well or if it would be better to run the ground to the batteries. The batteries are each going to have 2 runs of 1/0 to the chasis. Which is a better idea?

Whichever will give you a cleaner connection.

What do you mean by cleaner connection? I planned on grounding as many grounds to one spot as i could. Does this mean it would be better for me to run the ground to the battery? If I were to run the ground to the battery the distance would only be like 5 ft versus 8 ft. The ground to battey would be 3 ft.

What do you mean by cleaner connection? I planned on grounding as many grounds to one spot as i could. Does this mean it would be better for me to run the ground to the battery? If I were to run the ground to the battery the distance would only be like 5 ft versus 8 ft. The ground to battey would be 3 ft.

I've always put everything on it's own ground.

I figured that would be best but didnt know if the grounding distance would play a large factor. Grounding distance is actually 5 and 10 not 5 and 8.