Sign in to follow this  
SouthPole1989

left side intermittely will get louder and start to distorant.

hi, i am positive that it is my head-unit causing this (it is a alpine 9887) but i am trying to see what else it could be. ok for starters i have my gains set on the my sax100.4 At volume 27 is the max (out of 35 i think) and sometimes when i have the volume at only 15 the drivers mid range will get very notice able louder and i will use the balance and the left speaker is barely playing and the left is acting like it is receiving double the signal. now i have the sax 100.4 running active and i am only using the high on the 9887 to feed the sax100.4 channels 1 &2 and then using the output to feed 3 &4. So if it was the amp couldn't one side play fine and the other wouldn't, since they are sharing the same signal? and just letting you know the reason i am using the sax100.4 x covers instead of the 9887 is because the rear preamp has a grounding issue that causes alt whine. so i am curious what else could cause that and also sometimes the sound will drop out of no where. but after a min or two it will return.

Thanks

hi, i am positive that it is my head-unit causing this (it is a alpine 9887) but i am trying to see what else it could be. ok for starters i have my gains set on the my sax100.4 At volume 27 is the max (out of 35 i think) and sometimes when i have the volume at only 15 the drivers mid range will get very notice able louder and i will use the balance and the left speaker is barely playing and the left is acting like it is receiving double the signal. now i have the sax 100.4 running active and i am only using the high on the 9887 to feed the sax100.4 channels 1 &2 and then using the output to feed 3 &4. So if it was the amp couldn't one side play fine and the other wouldn't, since they are sharing the same signal? and just letting you know the reason i am using the sax100.4 x covers instead of the 9887 is because the rear preamp has a grounding issue that causes alt whine. so i am curious what else could cause that and also sometimes the sound will drop out of no where. but after a min or two it will return.

Thanks

What speakers do you have on the amp, how far do you have the gain knob turned up, maybe your wiring them below the amps ohm load. More information would help us help you.

take the head unit out of the equation and hook up an ipod, cd player,etc., to the RCAs and see if it does the same thing. If not, you know you need a new HU.

take the head unit out of the equation and hook up an ipod, cd player,etc., to the RCAs and see if it does the same thing. If not, you know you need a new HU.

it's the headunit. it is over equalizing the signal./ but unless i have it flat then it wont act up. oh wells time to readjust the gains on my sax100.4 for my mp3 player until x mas.