Sign in to follow this  
fis10

Whats the best way of putting a btl 18 and get the best numbers?

I recently purchased a btl 18 and a sundown 2000d which i guess puts out around 2500wrms. The problem is instead of going though a bunch of different enlosures to just ask the pros. I was personally thinking of walling off the front from the trunk. car is a 2000 coupe cavalier and theres a sound comp soon and would like some tips so any comments are appreciated. Im kinda a newbie when it comes to larger setups like this.

What is your electrical looking like?

Umm I have a new larger napa battery upfront and the biggest marine battery walmart has in the rear until i get back from basic training to get 3-4 kinetik 2000's and the new dc power 270xp which is 200amps at idle. I still havent done anything for doorspeakers the amp for them. I dont drive around running them all day and done expect to the sub is only there for a short 1 minute demo and a competition or two. I would really like to get two on them walled someday after hearing it i think it would be awesome. My goal is someday get a 155 on music so ill upgrade till i get there.

Tune high, like 45 hz. But to get the maximum SPL you'll have to just play with adjusting the tuning and testing on a mic until you find the best frequency.

Tune high, like 45 hz. But to get the maximum SPL you'll have to just play with adjusting the tuning and testing on a mic until you find the best frequency.

will constructing a wall to seal off the front from the back of the car gain much?