bass_4_ever

Ascendant Audio Mayhem 15

hey everybody, I was just wondering if people on this board have used them before...any feedback, pros/cons about these subs? I will be using them ~30hz, mostly musical (daily use) and some competitions.

Just would like some hands on info about them...

Thanks,

Andrew

I have used them. . . :D

Great driver. Tough daily beater and great SPL. Sound great in the correct enclosure.

I would still be using mine if it were not for the SMD sub coming. . .

Brian

I heard about the S.M.D. sub coming out, talked to someone @ Ascendant Audio already and its being released sometime in October.

any specs on that?

Edited by bass_4_ever

hey everybody, I was just wondering if people on this board have used them before...any feedback, pros/cons about these subs? I will be using them ~30hz, mostly musical (daily use) and some competitions.

Thanks,

Andrew

I am using 2 15's right now in my truck, they are a good solid driver for sure. I run 1500 to 1600 watts to each of the Mayhems, I daily drive it that way and have never had any problems. You can put a lot more to them of course but i daily drive a 153 on that amount of power. So I do recomend these subs. they are very loud at very low hz.

Thanks,

Andrew

I am using 2 15's right now in my truck, they are a good solid driver for sure. I run 1500 to 1600 watts to each of the Mayhems, I daily drive it that way and have never had any problems. You can put a lot more to them of course but i daily drive a 153 on that amount of power. So I do recomend these subs. they are very loud at very low hz.

Are your Mayhems sealed or ported, if ported at what frequency?

Thanks,

Andrew

wow, thats awsome. How big is the enclosure??

These sound like the subs I'm looking for...

Thanks,

Andrew

Are your Mayhems sealed or ported, if ported at what frequency?

They are in a 12cu ported box tuned to 30hz

good to know! Thanks!

any cons about this sub??

Also, how do you think they will handle in a smaller enclosure?

good to know! Thanks!

any cons about this sub??

Also, how do you think they will handle in a smaller enclosure?

No problem, and if you consider weight a con then that would be a big one. Right around 70lbs give or take. But NO no cons about this sub. And I know that they will react still very well in a 6-7cu box after displacment i had them in a box closer to 6cu. so about 3cu per sub and i still got a 151.1 out of them. how small are you talking?

the size of the box i will be using is minimum 7 cuft, maximum 9cuft before displacement

Then i dont see why you would have a problem then. Here check out some of my videos, these videos of my truck are older, it was when i had that 6cu box in, so you can watch to give you a good idea of what its like. http://www.youtube.com/user/Valhalla00Awaits

Wait, what?

You're running two 15s in a 12 cubic foot box?

Wait, what?

You're running two 15s in a 12 cubic foot box?

Yes sir at the moment i am! In the videos the box is only about 6cu but since then i had an spl box built that took its place.

the size of the box i will be using is minimum 7 cuft, maximum 9cuft before displacement

Then i dont see why you would have a problem then. Here check out some of my videos, these videos of my truck are older, it was when i had that 6cu box in, so you can watch to give you a good idea of what its like. http://www.youtube.com/user/Valhalla00Awaits

thanks for showing those vids! :D what did you like more? The RE's or AA's? Just out of curiousity...

I ran MT's. Nice subs, but they willnot handle power like the Mayhems.

I have run (4) 15" mayhems in 11.7 cuft tuned to 35 Hz and they sounded awesome. Did 157.2 dB @ 37 Hz on 16,000 watts.

cool, thanks everyone! So I think my mind is made up! Ascendant Audio it is! Maybe i'll just wait to see what the *** sub is like when it comes out since im not buying right now, gotta sell my equipment first fing05.gif

Thanks everybody!

I ran MT's. Nice subs, but they willnot handle power like the Mayhems.

I have run (4) 15" mayhems in 11.7 cuft tuned to 35 Hz and they sounded awesome. Did 157.2 dB @ 37 Hz on 16,000 watts.

I agree the MT's are nice subs, tough, but very true mayhems handle more and i have found that they are much cleaner, much more reliable, and under huge loads and quick burps the dust caps wont blow off of the mayhems like it would with the MT's. Also my MT's never hit the lows as well at all. I have to give you props man 57.2 at 37hz monster!!! wow was that in the van? I would love to run something monster like that but for right now being in my little truck :/ wont fit. lol at least until i can get a camper shell.

cool, thanks everyone! So I think my mind is made up! Ascendant Audio it is! Maybe i'll just wait to see what the *** sub is like when it comes out since im not buying right now, gotta sell my equipment first fing05.gif

Thanks everybody!

Yeah bud, glad we could help. :D good luck with it and i hope to see the build in the future! ;)

Thanks everybody!

Yeah bud, glad we could help. :D good luck with it and i hope to see the build in the future! ;)

Thanks :D its my winter project since the car is going into storage! Will be ordering the 15s very soon!

Any input on amps?? I would rather run 1 amp, playing @ 1 ohm if possible to both fo these subs.

Thanks everybody!

Thanks :D its my winter project since the car is going into storage! Will be ordering the 15s very soon!

Any input on amps?? I would rather run 1 amp, playing @ 1 ohm if possible to both fo these subs.

personally i have been jaded by Sundown Audio. :D I highly recomend the amps, and if you have the money go for it, they are well worth it. You could do an SAZ-3000D to 2 dual 4ohm subs that amp will give you quite a bit of power and will make the mayhems sound great. you could also even go for the SAZ-3500D or 4500D. Im not sure what kind of elec, system you have but i would say go for the Sundown SAZ-3500D. that would give you plenty of power to make the mayhems hump it.

Right now my electrical consists of a 260amp alternator, 2 HC2400s, and 1 run of 0 gauge to the back.

the AA mayhem could take ~2500wrms each no? so wouldnt I be able to put more than just 3000-3500 to each?

Right now my electrical consists of a 260amp alternator, 2 HC2400s, and 1 run of 0 gauge to the back.

the AA mayhem could take ~2500wrms each no? so wouldnt I be able to put more than just 3000-3500 to each?

[/quote

Well sure you can! Im running a 3000D to each of mine. but i have 2 amps. if you want just one that will push that much power to both, may look in to Stetsom 7kd or Crossfire maybe even Hifonics like the sampson. maybe that will be something more like you would like with the 1 amp setup.

I'm running 2 amps right now and it just seems easier if I were to run 1, simplify things a little. I was thinking of the Stetsom amps. I've never heard much about the Crossfire amps, inlighten me! lol.

I'm running 2 amps right now and it just seems easier if I were to run 1, simplify things a little. I was thinking of the Stetsom amps. I've never heard much about the Crossfire amps, inlighten me! lol.

well i do know that Pipo has used them and may still be using them now. I have heard that they are good quality amps, but i have never used them myself. I was just lookin online at the crossfire amps and they are all rated at 12.5v which is nice but i noticed that the biggest they have is the 4000. so i would say if you want bigger than the Sundown 4500D look at how much the stetsom runs. i have heard great things about stetsom.

i called and asked regarding a price on the Stetom amp, the 5K i believe, the guy hasn't called back :( I called him and he said it will take 2-3 days to get the price :WTFBubble: