Sign in to follow this  
regularjoe

sax 50.4 crodover starting point

I want to run 4 infinity kappa 6.5 2 way. What is the best starting point on the crossover? Set both crossovers at full? I am new to all this and have searched and searched but it seems most people are using this amp for componets. It will be ran off a Alpine cda 9886 which they advertise has a high pass crossover bilt into it for the front and rear preamp outputs.

Will this amp do what I need it to do? The moer I read the more nervous I get that i made the wrong choice.

Thankyou.

HPF on both 1,2 and HPF on 3,4 correct. What am i leaving all the way down? I assume the HPF setting @ 50hz. which I have it on 50 hz in this pic. and both HPF turned on. I have everything else turned to its lowest setting (counterclockwise). Range on 1x and 1x

IMG_4721.jpg

Is this where u need me to be?

If I turn off the HPF on the headunit off and I turn the knob from 50hz towards 500hz this will also filter out the lows with the more I turn them towards 500hz the more mids will be filtered out. . I am looking at running these speakers around 70 to 80 hz. to start. The starting cutoff on the head is 80hz..

So it is possible to have all 4 channels set to HPF? I read somewhere, wich I may have not understood it comlpetly, that it was not possible to use HPF on both 1,2 and 3.4 channels.

Thankyou very much for the help. I searched for awnsers on 3 different sites before posting.

Edited by regularjoe

It is set correctly on HPF, 1x, with the HPF selector at 50 Hz.

This is stacking with your HU crossover so you have a slope starting at 80 Hz and then dropping off much faster at 50 Hz -- works great for most component speakers

Sign in to follow this