Sign in to follow this  
barbarazimmer

Sundown SAX100.4 VS Arc Audio KS 300.4

Of these 2 4 channel amps which would you get?

Ive never had a Arc Audio amp and have heard good things about them, but I have two Sundown amps and couldnt ask for any more better equipment, power and sound detail it added to my systems from my previous amps. just my .02

I have the Arc 300.4 and it's an amazing amp, BUT there's one thing that really bugs me it's the fan. It's not loud but since mine's installed under the passenger seat i can hear it when there's no music/engine off... Well I guess it's a very small price to pay for a small,cold and powerfull amp.

How about we find out which one is best for you? Do you have certain needs, goals, budget, space etc.?

How about we find out which one is best for you? Do you have certain needs, goals, budget, space etc.?

sound quality I just ordered the saz1500D and plan on getting a 12" XCON. I am looking for a good quality 4 channel amp to run the mid's and high's. I can get the arc for the same price as the sax100.4 so price is not a problem. I am planning on getting arc's 6000 series component's. So I want sound quality for my mid's and high's.

I had this same problem. I couldn't decide between a 100.4 or the arc. After a lot of thinking I went with the KS300.4. I do not regret it at all! It pushes my hertz components just perfectly and they sound loud! Accuracy is spot on. I have never owned a sax 100.4 amp before but have heard multiple setups with them. IMO there would be minimal differences between the two in terms of "sound quality output", if you will. Whats going to make the most of a difference (I am sure you've heard this multiple times) are the components you choose and the way you install them (position, angle, etc.). Sound deadner on the doors and the way you tune your system also plays a huge role. Hope this helps.

I had this same problem. I couldn't decide between a 100.4 or the arc. After a lot of thinking I went with the KS300.4. I do not regret it at all! It pushes my hertz components just perfectly and they sound loud! Accuracy is spot on. I have never owned a sax 100.4 amp before but have heard multiple setups with them. IMO there would be minimal differences between the two in terms of "sound quality output", if you will. Whats going to make the most of a difference (I am sure you've heard this multiple times) are the components you choose and the way you install them (position, angle, etc.). Sound deadner on the doors and the way you tune your system also plays a huge role. Hope this helps.

Thank's ! I have heard the arc amp's but never heard the sundown, but have read really good reviews on the sax 100.4

I'm not sure if this helps but I'm currently using a SAX-100.4 with some old a/d/s/ 346is components. With the passive crossover the sound is beautiful and accurate for daily driving(is that your goal?). I've actually decided to grab a 50.4 to go 100% sundown. With that said, I attempted active to try and settle a few hiccups I have in response instead of trying to deal with location and install. The 100.4 is a bit much on tweets, hence the 50.4, but it has helped tremendously thus far with going active. Cross over points are very flexible, the downside is that you're not quite sure what frequency you're tuning. But who cares?...you tune based on sound anyways :) There are 12 and 24 decibel slopes available. I'm matching this with an Audiocontrol DQS for processing. But again, I'm using processing to make up for lack of installation quality.

I don't have any experience with Arc but I don't think you'd be ashamed to use the 100.4 in any installation. The downside is that it's big.

Jacob -- big thumbs up! Thanks again for great customer service

Install Overview -- DIYMA

Install log GPONA

I replaced a Kicker SX900.4 with a SAX-100.4 and it's louder and cleaner IMO.

It has alot of power and it sounds amazing!!

How many speakers are you looking to push? Just the single set of components? Are you going to run Active or Passive?

How many speakers are you looking to push? Just the single set of components? Are you going to run Active or Passive?

this will be a daily system, I plan on going active. The component's will be in front and a pair of 6x9's and 6.5 co's in the rear so all in all 8 speakers

this will be a daily system, I plan on going active. The component's will be in front and a pair of 6x9's and 6.5 co's in the rear so all in all 8 speakers

I'm confused...could you clear that up? ...a set in front, a set of 6x9's in the rear to sit along side another set of 6.5" speakers(assuming tweeter too)? I guess going active would be a long term project then?

I'm confused...could you clear that up? ...a set in front, a set of 6x9's in the rear to sit along side another set of 6.5" speakers(assuming tweeter too)? I guess going active would be a long term project then?

yes a set of component's up front ,and replacing the rear stock speaker's with 6x9's and 6.5's 2 way speakers.

yes a set of component's up front ,and replacing the rear stock speaker's with 6x9's and 6.5's 2 way speakers.

That sounds like overkill to me. I'm assuming the 6x9's are for bass? Maybe you should find some small 8's or try IB 12's. I don't think you should add rear speakers w/full range. They'll just confuse the front stage unless you find a technique to try for a "fill" application. If you like SQ instead of a lot of bump Typany(sp?) has a neat idea with some 6.5" woofer array in a hybrid isobaric format. They're pretty cheap you'd just have to build a box for them.

That sounds like overkill to me. I'm assuming the 6x9's are for bass? Maybe you should find some small 8's or try IB 12's. I don't think you should add rear speakers w/full range. They'll just confuse the front stage unless you find a technique to try for a "fill" application. If you like SQ instead of a lot of bump Typany(sp?) has a neat idea with some 6.5" woofer array in a hybrid isobaric format. They're pretty cheap you'd just have to build a box for them.

I have a saz-1500D that I will be using for the sub ( when I figure out which one I want either a dd 3500 or a fi bl) to give the low's.

Oh ok...hrmm.

I still recommend no speakers in the rear of the vehicle. Just stick with something up front and run the sub. If you want to setup "fill" using rear speakers here's the CORRECT application...

Using speakers for "Fill"

Edited by R.H.

Sign in to follow this