Sign in to follow this  
Derrick824

16 Sundown sa-12s Build

Running 8 amps was a one time thing for this event only. We'll be rebuilding the amp rack to hold 4 amps behind the rear seat. Short term goal is a 154 sealed, qualify 153 Bass Boxing, and 135s drive-by. There's still some more work I'm gonna do to the box. Mostly pretty stuff. Not looking to see an spl gain from it. We'll be totally gutting the truck soon to do a full install of some Second Skin Damplifier Pro. It currently has zero aftermarket sound deadening. I am looking to see a decent gain in spl from that.

Very cool. Strange seeing all these SPL builds with the SQ Sundown sub, instead of Nightshades.

Looken damn good guys. Pretty sure i saw your truck at jakes when i stopped by one day. wouldn't mind hearing this thing in person one day.

A couple more vids doing some drive-by test runs.

128.8db

130.8db

I think it'll get better & better as we figure out the right combo of window position, truck position, and song choice.

Very cool. Strange seeing all these SPL builds with the SQ Sundown sub, instead of Nightshades.

have u ever tried purchasing 16 12" nightshades? lol or the power for 16 12" nightshades? The SA 12's seem to be beasts with little power and cheaper to the pocket thats probably why u are seeing them more now because u can buy alot of them for the price of a few nightshades :) but dont quote me on that. thats just my opinion

Also if we had done 16 NightShade 12s then we would have wanted 16 saz-3500s to power them. Seriously, we did think about that. That would have meant more batteries too and we're already running out of room. The backseat will still remain fully functional after we pull four amps. The absolute most that can fit behind the backseat in between the box is 8 batteries and 4 amps. The best sub choice to get powered off that was the sa-12s.

Here's another vid from this weekend. 3rd round Bass Boxing holding just over a 150 in the LightWeight class. That's with both front doors wide open.

I have the vids from the other runs but there not so impressive because he was holding back so much.

you just had to out do Paul. you think i can get 20 of those sa12s in my extcab mazda?lol jk . im thinking about 4 in a 4th order what do you guys think. putting my ns in my suburban. i want to see this in person soon!! need any help just let me know i only work 10 days a month have plenty of time on my hands.

leagalized prostitution in SC? ^^ makes for a busy weekend huh? lmao......wish i worked 10 days a week, laid off!

this build is nice!

im a firefighter. 24hrs on 48off still 240hrs a month. love it would not have any other way.

hell yeah, firefighter = ftw!!! thank you for your service to others. this build is sick, nice numbers.

Sign in to follow this