eric77

Could I do it?

I have been thinking a lot lately :nono and I just might sell the rl-p. I am close to getting a new car (possibly this beauty) and am now tihnking a 15" rl-p is just too much. The box and sub weigh around 100 lbs which is way more than you want in the trunk of a 540. Not to mention I don't want this car to fal apart on me.

I could probably sell the rl-p and my box locally for over $400 which would then give me some more money for the car and maybe even a little 12" set up to hold me over for awhile. If i sell my nine1 with it I could probably get $700-750, which would definitely help with some mods (read:updated lights) for the 5er. Maybe I'm crazy, but I am really considering this.

well buy the car first and then see if its feasible?

well buy the car first and then see if its feasible?

agreed!

i don't think i could give up one of my SS' let alone not have any at all :( if all your worried about is weight. . . fiberglass ;)

one 15 in that car isn't going to hurt it..100pds or not. besides with all the deadning they are supposed to have, u'll want all the sub and power u can get just to hear it in the cabin...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

one 15 in that car isn't going to hurt it..100pds or not. besides with all the deadning they are supposed to have, u'll want all the sub and power u can get  just to hear it in the cabin...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I know all about the well sealed trunk in these cars and it is one of the only things keeping me from selling the rl-p. Then again, I don't think I want ths much bass anymore. It is ridiculous. I think a single 12 sealed should do it for me. I think i would hold onto it, but the fact that I can probably get $400+ for just the rl-p and my home made box is very appealing.

I might need the money from all of my equipment to even purchase this car. Decisions, decisions. :ohsnap:

If it doesn't work, sell it ... and grab a couple 8's or single 12" sounds like a good option.

Damn that sucks, i remember how you were all happy when you received it and how you posted the pics of your box here and we all loved the pr0n, try not to sell it, and if you do, grab 2 rl-i 8's.

Nice car btw, its beauty!

Nice choice of vehicle. Just keep the sub till after the meet!

Keep that thing, seal it in a 1.5ft^3-1.75ft^3 box (maybe fibreglass to keep the weight down).

That would be a good low-end setup to a SQ system.

Keep that thing, seal it in a 1.5ft^3-1.75ft^3 box (maybe fibreglass to keep the weight down).

That would be a good low-end setup to a SQ system.

I have been thinking a glassed wheel well install would be fun :D

I'm tring to snag some dyn 360's off a guy and if that goes through I have no idea what i'll do. :Doh:

oh man, I've got so many crazy ideas now. I could really use a job :(

keep it to start with and maybe try sealed and back the gains down a hair then