Sign in to follow this  
afboy143

About to install 2 15" mags in my explorer

I have 2 mags 15" that is about to be installed in my explorer. Each mag is going to be fed by a hifonics 1500. What kind of box should I build for these two sub? How big and what should it be tuned to. I listen to rap mostly so I was thinking 35 hz but how big should I make it?

I have 2 mags 15" that is about to be installed in my explorer. Each mag is going to be fed by a hifonics 1500. What kind of box should I build for these two sub? How big and what should it be tuned to. I listen to rap mostly so I was thinking 35 hz but how big should I make it?

what year explorer? in my 99 i put 2 D2 15s adn it was loud as crap. we built a stock class box if i remember correctly it was just under 10 ft3 after port and woofer displacement i can give you all the mesurements if you would like but you will have no back at all. infact nick helped me design the box he may still have the layout

infact nick helped me design the box he may still have the layout

haha, was probably the same design as my SPL box from my explorer. that box got loud as all get out...

yea hoss you saw the box it was the same as yours just for 2 15s instead of 4 12s hows the tru h1 holding up?

I would love to run a pair for street C in my explorer, humm the possibilities if I had the $700

hows the tru h1 holding up?

lol, it caught on fire several months ago. apparently imgood at breaking amps too, cause not even fairchild can get it to work again, and he designed the amp :) .

ithink imgonna end up having to buy a new board... and speaking of which, i should probably call them, i havent talked to themsince before april...

hehe well i we can brake about everything i killed the visonik v800xd too im fixing it now but niks subs are holdint on strong :P

hehe well i we can brake about everything i killed the visonik v800xd too im fixing it now but niks subs are holdint on strong  :P

I will tell you now... this guy could break an anvil with a sponge. Good to see you on here Brandon.