Sign in to follow this  
Maggotpuffin

Custom L7 15 Box

Is 180 a good price for a custom box from audio excelence. It was made for someone else but he said hed sell it to me for 180 its a big ported box thats tuned to 45hz thanks for your opinion

what do you want the box for? I wouldnt put anything tuned that high in a car I was going to drive everyday. but I also personally wouldnt spend that much on a box anyways, a sheet of mdf only costs 28 bucks. I do have NO idea of what the average cost is for a custom box. remember though, if that is a decent price for a custom box, it was custom for someone else, maybe not custom for what you would have wanted.

what do you want the box for? I wouldnt put anything tuned that high in a car I was going to drive everyday. but I also personally wouldnt spend that much on a box anyways, a sheet of mdf only costs 28 bucks. I do have NO idea of what the average cost is for a custom box. remember though, if that is a decent price for a custom box, it was custom for someone else, maybe not custom for what you would have wanted.

x2, what are your goals? Will this system be for a daily driver or competition? For that price if you cant build your own box you should be able to get one custom built for your liking so I personally wouldnt do it, just my .02.

Its a daily driver but im going to do some comps. Ive never built a box but my brother in law is a carpenter so he could build it but i dobt know how to port it or tune it and this is a real nice custom built box

go into the sections on here for the box builders, take a few looks at the boxes they built, and it will give you a good idea of what the inside of a box looks looks like (I always have 90 degree corners in mine though, might try and step my game up next time)

also, if you give someone your maximum outside measurements for the box, someone could whip up a port size and depth and box size pretty quickly.

I wouldnt have a 45hz tuning im my daily car.