Jumbo Jet

Kenwood DNX8120 nav. not working anymore.

I just noticed the other day that when I hit the nav. button on my 8120 it just goes to a black screen. The rest of the 8120 seems to be working perfectly.... except for the blacked out nav. screen. I know that the Garmin nav. on the 8120 is hard drive based so I'm wondering if the HD has crashed or died..... I tried resetting the unit but still no luck.

Anyone else run across or heard of this issue before? I'm calling Kenwood on Monday but just looking for ideas first.

I just noticed the other day that when I hit the nav. button on my 8120 it just goes to a black screen. The rest of the 8120 seems to be working perfectly.... except for the blacked out nav. screen. I know that the Garmin nav. on the 8120 is hard drive based so I'm wondering if the HD has crashed or died..... I tried resetting the unit but still no luck.

Anyone else run across or heard of this issue before? I'm calling Kenwood on Monday but just looking for ideas first.

how long have you had it? I'm looking into getting that system, but not if features are gonna crap out.

id hit up kenwood see if they can help. i know i had some issues with bluetooth and they helped me get it figured out. may need a hard reset or something

how long have you had it? I'm looking into getting that system, but not if features are gonna crap out.

I've had it about a year and a half. Other than this its been an amazing HU...... but this is a big deal to me cause its the reason I spent the extra money in the first place, the nav. Now its not working. I'll call Kenwood today and see if there is an answer. According to a few google searches..... I'm not alone with this issue, but I cant find any solutions online.

A quick call to Kenwood doesnt get me too far. They are recommending I take it out and send it to their repair center for a check up and fix. Guess I'll be without a radio in the truck for a week or two.

It appears they are aware of the problem, I'm calling Garmin in the morning too to see what they think. But sounds like Kenwood will just reinstall the software.

let us know how it works out... I was also looking into upgrading to this HU from my DNX7100

Will do, gonna tear it out this weekend and ship it out on Monday. I talked to the repair center and he said they have a 1 week turn around on average...... we'll see. Other than this its been an awesome HU, more features than I can even use, this is the first problem I've had..... albeit a big problem, but all Excelon units have a 2 year warranty so I should be good to go.

let us know how it works out... I was also looking into upgrading to this HU from my DNX7100

Will do, gonna tear it out this weekend and ship it out on Monday. I talked to the repair center and he said they have a 1 week turn around on average...... we'll see. Other than this its been an awesome HU, more features than I can even use, this is the first problem I've had..... albeit a big problem, but all Excelon units have a 2 year warranty so I should be good to go.

what ever happened with this?