SPLChris

Very big build

I'm building up a "foundation" for a future bass race setup in my Jeep. Right now, it's just for two 15's but I would like to get some heavy duty 18's in the future once I add more power to the mix.... The rear chamber is 9 cubes tuned to 33 hz and the front chamber is big with a big port :D The port and subs from the rear chamber will be facing right in front of the loading wall. For anybody that asks why I used particle board....Lowe's was out of MDF, plus it was cheaper. Not a big deal to be honest.

We'll start off with what was in my Jeep before:

1.jpg

15s.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Start of the tear out...

4.jpg

5.jpg

cable.jpg

CIMG1185.jpg

CIMG1186.jpg

Serious Kat is serious. :)

Not much done today so I didn't take any pictures. I filled in some screw holes and smoothed some stuff out with body filler. I might have to pick up some more wood tomorrow morning.

Looks heavy - are the headlights pointed at the sky yet?

Should be very impressive once it all goes together.

Okay, I can't find my camera but I got the baffle for the rear chamber on and most of the front chamber has a nice layer of resin and the wheel arches have been fiberglassed over. So far everything is nice and strong.

It's finished for now but my XA3000D blew and I have no idea why. I wanted to start testing and fine tuning it this week but I guess not :( If anybody wants to give me an amp that would be great!

CIMG1584.jpg

CIMG1585.jpg

CIMG1589.jpg

CIMG1590.jpg

CIMG1591.jpg

CIMG1592.jpg

CIMG1593.jpg

I will be interested to see some numbers after an amp gets in there!

See if you can find some way/method to round over that partition - like using a large piece of doweling cut in half for example. Maybe snag a 6" sonotube and cut that in half.

Also look at the inside corners - see if you can find an easy way to round those as well. Maybe look into the small sonotube or even a mailing tube you can glue to the corners and add a bit of bondo to smooth out the edges.

In for a penny, in for a pound! fing05.gif

See if you can find some way/method to round over that partition - like using a large piece of doweling cut in half for example. Maybe snag a 6" sonotube and cut that in half.

Also look at the inside corners - see if you can find an easy way to round those as well. Maybe look into the small sonotube or even a mailing tube you can glue to the corners and add a bit of bondo to smooth out the edges.

In for a penny, in for a pound! fing05.gif

Actually, I would test it the way it is first, THEN start rounding corners over (one at a time).

No sense in wasting time and money if it doesn't help anything. :)

Updates?