ANT LAY

Need help quick!

ok so i have a dual2 ohm btl hooked up with a 1 ohm load so for it to be stable how do i need to connect it to my aq2200d, bridged or what?

ok so i have a dual2 ohm btl hooked up with a 1 ohm load so for it to be stable how do i need to connect it to my aq2200d, bridged or what?

Probably to the pos and neg terminals on the outsides of the terms.

Ok this is the way the sub wiring should look like

wire.gif

The wires running to the stand alone terminals is the amp.

Now the aqudioque has two sets of terminals don't worry about that ( thats jus another way to run subs) jus hook to speaker wire into a set of terminals.

you can run each coil out to the amps pos and neg, it parraleled inside. or just bridge it across the terminals.

Probably to the pos and neg terminals on the outsides of the terms.

thats what im thinking but i wanna be sure

ok big got a problem.... ive got it all hooked up accordingly and the sub is getting power, i can feel it playing very little if i touch it, but it wont get louder,

you can run each coil out to the amps pos and neg, it parraleled inside. or just bridge it across the terminals.

First, you will want to do what he said!

Run EACH wire from each polarity terminal to the amp's terminals.

The amp is paralleled inside!

So, your sub is dual 2 ohm, run the positive and negative from one side to the amp and same for the other.

The resistance will then be 1 ohm nominal... or 0.6-0.7 on a DMM.

The amp then needs to be setup properly so hwo do you do that?

I honestly dont feel like explaining the whole nine yards right now so i'll make it brief.

The amp has a clipping light on it.

Get a test tone, lets say 50hz and put it in. Set head unit 75% of the way up, all bass and EQ settings on head unit at 0. If it's an alpine unit, set sub output to +15. If it's another head unit with this capabiltiy, do the same, max it out.

Now, have gain set all the way down, connect the remote control unit that came with the amp and turn it's control all the way UP.

Set subsonic around 30hz, low pass around 80hz.

Now, play test tone, slowly start increasing gain on the amp until the red light on the remote module gets FULL RED. Once it gets full red, turn the gain up on the amp just a LITTLE bit more then STOP and turn down or off the tone before u damage your sub.

That's a quick way. If you still got problems, it's user error.

ok big got a problem.... ive got it all hooked up accordingly and the sub is getting power, i can feel it playing very little if i touch it, but it wont get louder,

Check your amps settings and then check your head unit settings, you may have the subwoofer level at its lowest volume or something (just gotta check your features and it should get to moving).

First, you will want to do what he said!

Run EACH wire from each polarity terminal to the amp's terminals.

The amp is paralleled inside!

So, your sub is dual 2 ohm, run the positive and negative from one side to the amp and same for the other.

The resistance will then be 1 ohm nominal... or 0.6-0.7 on a DMM.

The amp then needs to be setup properly so hwo do you do that?

I honestly dont feel like explaining the whole nine yards right now so i'll make it brief.

The amp has a clipping light on it.

Get a test tone, lets say 50hz and put it in. Set head unit 75% of the way up, all bass and EQ settings on head unit at 0. If it's an alpine unit, set sub output to +15. If it's another head unit with this capabiltiy, do the same, max it out.

Now, have gain set all the way down, connect the remote control unit that came with the amp and turn it's control all the way UP.

Set subsonic around 30hz, low pass around 80hz.

Now, play test tone, slowly start increasing gain on the amp until the red light on the remote module gets FULL RED. Once it gets full red, turn the gain up on the amp just a LITTLE bit more then STOP and turn down or off the tone before u damage your sub.

That's a quick way. If you still got problems, it's user error.

so thered be 4 seperate wires?...one from each sub terminal to each amp terminal?

Check your amps settings and then check your head unit settings, you may have the subwoofer level at its lowest volume or something (just gotta check your features and it should get to moving).

i did ive got it wired like the pic shows....but like i said it aint getting loud

No actually check your knobs on you amp and make sure everything is set right, then check your settings on your head-unit that deal with low-pass or subwoofer features. I would run it like the picture that was posted from 12 volt, wire it in parallel. Run one small wire from - voice coil to the other - voice coil, then from one - voice coil to a - terminal on the amp. Run one small wire from + voice coil to the other + voice coil, then from one + voice coil to a + terminal on the amp. Should be two wires going from sub to amp.

NO, you CAN do that but the amp is made to do the paralleling inside. It's easier, better connection to do it the way AQ wants you to.

I'm tellin you, follow what i said about setting the amp, if u do it how i say, it will be LouD. If that clipping light stays solid red and it's still very low powered, STOP IMMEDIATELY and recheck your wiring on that sub as you might have it wired out of phase with itself.

NO, you CAN do that but the amp is made to do the paralleling inside. It's easier, better connection to do it the way AQ wants you to.

I'm tellin you, follow what i said about setting the amp, if u do it how i say, it will be LouD. If that clipping light stays solid red and it's still very low powered, STOP IMMEDIATELY and recheck your wiring on that sub as you might have it wired out of phase with itself.

so there would be four separate wires?

From my understanding of what shizzon is saying is, yes you will have four wires. Pos and neg from one side of the driver to the pos and neg on the amp terminals. Then do the same for the other side of the driver. All four terminals of the amp will be occupied with its respective polarity.

Edited by bigrank916