Sign in to follow this  
doeboi79

FI BTL 12"

i currently have a fi btl 12". tunned at 34 hertz, hitting 139.7db. i was told that tunning higher is better for hitting high spl. there is a competition comeing up on the 10th. and the kids at the local car audio dealer ship told me that there were people with 1 12" hitting 142's. does anybody no how high i should tune my box so i can compette.

i currently have a fi btl 12". tunned at 34 hertz, hitting 139.7db. i was told that tunning higher is better for hitting high spl. there is a competition comeing up on the 10th. and the kids at the local car audio dealer ship told me that there were people with 1 12" hitting 142's. does anybody no how high i should tune my box so i can compette.

#1 Wrong section

#2 Build a new, higher tuned box.

Moving to correct section.

Moving to correct section.

Welcome to SSA forums .

first off , do you have a little more info on your install ?

-what is your goal , are you burping or playing on music ?

-what kind of car

-what does your electical system consist of

-what amp is it connected to

-is it a D1 or D2 btl , what options did you get on it ?

-how big is your box , and how much port area do you have

-where did you place your sub , did you move it around in your trunk ?

pics would help a great deal !

Welcome to SSA forums .

first off , do you have a little more info on your install ?

-what is your goal , are you burping or playing on music ?

-what kind of car

-what does your electical system consist of

-what amp is it connected to

-is it a D1 or D2 btl , what options did you get on it ?

-how big is your box , and how much port area do you have

-where did you place your sub , did you move it around in your trunk ?

pics would help a great deal !

I have a duel 2 ohm fi btl , with every extra avalible , speaker made for spl . I have it hooked up to a bb2400.1 , with the big 3 upgrade a yellow top bat under the hood , 4 gauge wire for aps's positave & negative , no cap and stalk alt. only one battery . but i have it in a box 2.5 qu ft . tuned at 34 hrts only hitting 139.7 . the kids doing the spl test were making jokes about how low it scored , saying that there friends are hitting 141's with there 12. now there putting on a comp in a few weeks and i wanna prove that fi's btl , can do better. i just dont know how high i should tune the new box .

not sure about that amp, im guessing its a planet audio big bang series? so thats not 2400 RMS is it? 1200 maybe? probably more than that Im guessing though, and your amp probably just cannot get the current it needs to make that much power through 4 gauge, move up to 0 guage to the amps and for the big 3. are you gonna make a new box just for the comp and put the current box back in? or are you going to leave the new box in always? if its only for the comp then you could tune it pretty high, but if you are going to leave it in I wouldnt go too high or it wont be very musical for a day to day basis.

Another battery and if you say you want it just for spl then tuning higher would help alot.

Edited by jay-cee

not sure about that amp, im guessing its a planet audio big bang series? so thats not 2400 RMS is it? 1200 maybe? probably more than that Im guessing though, and your amp probably just cannot get the current it needs to make that much power through 4 gauge, move up to 0 guage to the amps and for the big 3. are you gonna make a new box just for the comp and put the current box back in? or are you going to leave the new box in always? if its only for the comp then you could tune it pretty high, but if you are going to leave it in I wouldnt go too high or it wont be very musical for a day to day basis.

I think he stated that he has the SPL option ..so no playing musig for him ....