dragonboy412002@yahoo.com

re doing sub and amps

well ive thought and debated and i think im leaning on re doing my subs and amps i have on re sx ten in the back with md1d right now think im gonna go two twelves or one 15 cant decide yet but its in a s10 2002 ext. wanna try and keep it under the window line but ill deal with box after that im looking to get about 1000 watts out of each sub or more so a total of 2000 watts or more if i can, ill match amp after i get subs i think its gonna be a d2 sub probably. this isnt a spl vehicle but i do like my bass to hit hard im gonna have the big three done by the time i get this new system im just looking for some inputs for now. ive thought about going re again i love my sx but have also thought about fi incriminator dc sundown does anyone else know of any that can accomplish my goals? i listen to rap mostly but i can always turn the bass down for the other stuff i listen too. thanks in advance also if there is anything else u need to know let me know ill try and let u know

Edited by bjballar41

honestly all of those are great companies and have woofers you can accomplish your goals with. first off you need a budget mark, and then what you can stretch too haha cuz it always costs more than you want it to. so i would def set that first because just FI alone has any woofer that can fit your description so far, know what i mean? also how is your electrical system? i saw that your gonna do the big 3, but where are you at on batteries, alts, etc.

well battery wise i was gonna add as i needed. alt wise im thinking about swapping out for a sliverado alt, some guys on the s-10 forum have done that gonna look into that . im looking to do about 2000 to 3000, maybe could be more but would like to stay in that range install and all if i can. lol

well i dont think that just a stock silverado alt is gonna be worth it. you would be better off getting one that is made for your truck, but is a high output. look on here, there a tons of ppl that make them. just call around for the best price. i would get a 200 amp probly. and then you should probly get 2 batts, one for front and one for back. look at www.remybattery.com for the deka intimidator G31's. theyre gonna be 187 a piece. i have a kinetik 2400 and i wish i would have just got 2 dekas for the price of just that one kinetik. and for the 1/0 knukoncepts is good, so is kicker wire. but you can save money and look on ebay for the lower level knukoncepts or even monster if you have to. sub wise its gonna be totally up to you as far as what you want it to sound like but depending on your mesurements and cu ft. i would go with the 15. but i like lows. also to save money, look used. there are anything FI all over the place for sale. honestly anything you get from any of those companies is gonna be a great product. i personally had 2 18 inch FI BL's and i LOVED them. also look for a cascade designs omega. those puckers look like Beasts. Dont skimp on an amp tho, you can probly just get another MD1 and put one to each coil, or one to each 12 if you go that route

i like the idea of doing one amp to each sub think i might go that way weather it be two subs or one 15 i think i might actually do 2 15s or 2 twelves depending on space. ill check on that alt. the only one i could find was 500 and it wasnt 200 amps i dont think. i couldnt find that cadence omega u were talking about.

i like the idea of doing one amp to each sub think i might go that way weather it be two subs or one 15 i think i might actually do 2 15s or 2 twelves depending on space. ill check on that alt. the only one i could find was 500 and it wasnt 200 amps i dont think. i couldnt find that cadence omega u were talking about.

www.cascade-designs.com for omega subwoofer he is referring to.

thanks jay-cee ur just full of info lol are those omega subs pretty good ive never heard of them or anything about them but i do like stuff people havnt heard of so it might be up my ally

I havent heard them in person myself and there is someone on this forum who has one (The Storms), when I was considering them I asked him about them even though he didnt give me a good review on them just some jibberish. No problem man, Im glad to help cause you never know when Im gonna need some.

ya alts arent cheap...the best omega info your gonna find is on **** under their section. theres lots of info on them there. if you put one amp to each sub youre gonna need to use a dmm to gain match them FYI

let me suggest something to you.

Tell me your max width, height and depth and i'll do some magic for ya.

I may be able to squeeze a hallacious amount of cone area in your truck so you don't need an amp that may require an alternator... that's always nice, isn't it?

give me the maximum height, width and depth i can possibly use for a box, if necessary. I'll shrink it accordingly, again if necessary, for a few suggestive setups.

i dont know man. Just assume that you are gonna install a big ass box in there. If there are tools in there think of how you will have them positioned in the truck and subtract that space from the maximum room i have to build a design.

sounds good

ok this is pretty much right on the money give or take a few inches round to the nearest foot. its 3 feet 7 inches wide 1 foot 5 inches deep and 2 feet 1 inch tall. keep in mind i wanna do 2 15 sx subs and maybe two md1d amps. actually im not sure what subs im getting but right now thats what im going with

Edited by bjballar41

i dont suggest running 2 15s ported in the space you have.i would suggest a single 18 ported. in the right size and port area, a single 18 should fill your truck up with ease! we have some people who can break 150s with a single 18 under 2kw so its highly suggested for your best potential.

because using double baffle, u only have 8.46cubes.. when u really need about 10cubes gross for 2 15s.if the dimensions u gave me are undr the window line then it WILL BE!