Sign in to follow this  
tripphxc

Kinda lost with something

Im getting 2 12 BL subs and the saz 1500d sundown.

Now i may just be getting just one sub for now cause of some money issues but wil end up getting another 12, can i hook up just one sub for now to the saz 1500d amp or no?

I do not know shit about this stuff.

thanks

Im getting 2 12 BL subs and the saz 1500d sundown.

Now i may just be getting just one sub for now cause of some money issues but wil end up getting another 12, can i hook up just one sub for now to the saz 1500d amp or no?

I do not know shit about this stuff.

thanks

Sure you can, but you missed the main piece of information we need. What voice coil configurations did you order? D1/D2?

The result that would best fit you is to have 2 subs with 1 ohm coils. When wired correctly you will end up with a 1 ohm load. But you would have to run at 2 ohms or at .5 ohms if you only had one hooked up.

Edited by holley2346

you can but you'll need a D2 sub to get full use of the power. If your 100% your gonna get 2 12s eventually make sure you get D1 subs. That way you can show the amp a 1 ohm load with both subs.

Sure you can, but you missed the main piece of information we need. What voice coil configurations did you order? D1/D2?

The result that would best fit you is to have 2 subs with 1 ohm coils. When wired correctly you will end up with a 1 ohm load. But you would have to run at 2 ohms or at .5 ohms if you only had one hooked up.

I did not order yet, and im glad you told me that. and to the other poster, Im sure i will be getting the other sub.

Just another question, when i have both subs set up and everything, am i going to need to do any upgrades to the car, i know the big 3 is a "must"

but what about the alternator? or the battery?

I want to be able to push them to their max potential.

If i need to upgrade the alternator, do i need to upgrade the battery?

or can i just get a yello top optima battery just for the amp/subs?

thanks a bunch

I did not order yet, and im glad you told me that. and to the other poster, Im sure i will be getting the other sub.

Just another question, when i have both subs set up and everything, am i going to need to do any upgrades to the car, i know the big 3 is a "must"

but what about the alternator? or the battery?

I want to be able to push them to their max potential.

If i need to upgrade the alternator, do i need to upgrade the battery?

or can i just get a yello top optima battery just for the amp/subs?

thanks a bunch

I added 2 optima yellow tops to feed my SA3000D. I still have not completed big 3 as I will do this when I get my HO alt.

To answer your question, without the batteries voltage drops were dangerously low. After adding them I get fluctuations of .5 volts at full tilt. I would at least add 1 battery with at least 50 AH. But I would add as many as I could as long as I had the space and funds to do so. I don't know what kind of vehicle you have, but as long as you give the alt time to catch back up you should be fine until you do upgrade to a HO alt.

Edited by holley2346

I added 2 optima yellow tops to feed my SA3000D. I still have not completed big 3 as I will do this when I get my HO alt.

To answer your question, without the batteries voltage drops were dangerously low. After adding them I get fluctuations of .5 volts at full tilt. I would at least add 1 battery with at least 50 AH. But I would add as many as I could as long as I had the space and funds to do so. I don't know what kind of vehicle you have, but as long as you give the alt time to catch back up you should be fine until you do upgrade to a HO alt.

Well i have a vw jetta so im sure your SUV has a higher alt. so i would have to buy the batteries? do i connect them directly to like the subs or amp? maybe i should just have the local dealer install everything for me =]