Sign in to follow this  
Noobtastic14

Four lvl 4 15s in a Cherokee

Comments are always welcome!

-Drew

I love watching DC subs in action, got some excellent flex man.

really wanting to install my sub inverted, catching some mixed reviews, what is your input.

motor noise?

less out put?

any issue you have with it?

hey also, what year jeep is that?

ours looked quite a bit the same, when i was selling it i caught some bad comments about the fllor boards, folks saying that they were bad, so i got up under there to see wtf they were talking about......

they were lyers, bold face lies i tell you, them floor boards wernt bad, they were gone!

i aint sure if that is a "jeep thing" or not, just a heads up at you though.

ol' rusty huh, i got a feeling he will be takeing alot of IAK's money next year, lol.

looking good,

chop

oh, what alt is that again, might ask for a qoute for the ol' Dakota.....even if it will be next spring.. :shrug:

Edited by porkchop

really wanting to install my sub inverted, catching some mixed reviews, what is your input.

motor noise?

less out put?

any issue you have with it?

hey also, what year jeep is that?

ours looked quite a bit the same, when i was selling it i caught some bad comments about the fllor boards, folks saying that they were bad, so i got up under there to see wtf they were talking about......

they were lyers, bold face lies i tell you, them floor boards wernt bad, they were gone!

i aint sure if that is a "jeep thing" or not, just a heads up at you though.

ol' rusty huh, i got a feeling he will be takeing alot of IAK's money next year, lol.

looking good,

chop

oh, what alt is that again, might ask for a qoute for the ol' Dakota.....even if it will be next spring.. :shrug:

As far as being inverted my thoughts have always been this: the woofer creates equal energy in each direction, with one side being limited by the aerodynamics of the basket and motor. I have never had excessive motor noise, nor have "lost output" from inverting. The audible difference is in the volume change from pulling the motor out of the box. In this install, space is very tight (something like 2.4cuft per driver) so inverting gained us lots of efficiency and that added "boomy" tone it was lacking before. Lastly, I've found that inverting them allows for better ventilation of the motor and it will run cooler than if placed in the box especially if the windows are down and the cabin has good movement. Let me know if you have any more specific questions about inverting.

Jeep is a 1991 Cherokee and the floor boards look pretty good i havent noticed anything "missing" but then again we're in Northern California so cars tend to stay in very good shape over the years. What you described sounds like rusty from nasty weather conditions. :D

-Drew

i am strongly leaning toward the inverted mounting option...... i had my 4 12"s inverted and noticed no ill effects

yeah our weather here in Indy is a little "salty" at times......

the flex in your vids and the look of your subs in the rear = FTW

thanks for your input,

Chop

damn hope one day I'll get me some nice flex like that

I cannot decide on my next substage (at least I have it boiled down to 1-15"Xcon or 2-12" DC Level 4's on a Sundown SAZ-2000D). What about these subs do you love so much, they look like they are getting down.

I have not delt with the Xcon so i don't know its properties- but i have installed Level 4 drivers in a variety of enclosures for different goals and have not been disappointed. When decided drivers for a friend or customer the lvl 4 plays loud and low sounding great on its rated 1k and taking as much as 2k daily for very specific spl oriented setups. You can always toss a lvl 5 coil and upgrade the suspension a bit to get a solid daily 1500w+ driver and that is always nice when somebody gets hooked and wants more i can rebuild their woofer to suit more what they want.

GL with your choice! :woot:

-Drew