Sign in to follow this  
loveeemachine

Fi SSD 15 - Copper Coil

Fi SSD 15 . Copper Coil

How much RMS will this take without any chance of blowing.

Says 800rms, but how much will it take to really slam, safely,

(my box is 3.5 cubic feet. 33hz)

Edited by loveeemachine

800 to a 1000 watts. But if you go above 800 you will have to use your common sense. You have to use you ears to listen and especially use your nose these two sensory options are key. I have mine sealed on 800watts and when i want to pound it shakes the shit out of my truck. If you really want brut force you should have look at either the bl or btl. Also you shouldn't have choose the copper coils if you wanted power you could have gotten the flatwound coils as well as bp power than you could have given the sub more power.

Edited by sqjeep

800 to a 1000 watts. But if you go above 800 you will have to use your common sense. You have to use you ears to listen and especially use your nose these two sensory options are key. I have mine sealed on 800watts and when i want to pound it shakes the shit out of my truck. If you really want brut force you should have look at either the bl or btl. Also you shouldn't have choose the copper coils if you wanted power you could have gotten the flatwound coils as well as bp power than you could have given the sub more power.

I'm not really going for a super -spl setup.

But just wanted to know about what i should be running it at.

I guess i'll do it around 875-950

I can set the gain with DMM.

I did the calculations, i just want to double check. .

I have the Dual 2 ohm subs(i'm running it with at 1ohm)

So the subs are Dual 2 ohm , but the tutorial on here

Says that sqrt(900 x Ohm of speaker) do i calculate 2 ohm subs? or 1 ohm load?

Either way i could have,

sqrt(1 ohm x 900 ) = about 30 volts

sqrt(2 ohm x 900) = about 42 volts.

Which one of those is right?

So i have a DVC 2 ohm speaker, wired to run @ 1 ohm.

What volts should i use to have it at 900 watts out of the amp.

Amp peak is 1200 @ 1 ohm. hifonics 1206d

I would start at 800watts first then work your way up, if you'd like. You'd be surprised how loud 800watts is compared to your old setup. Also you would hear absolutely no difference between 800 - 1000 watts.

Setting the gains with a dmm is a good start. With the equation you would use the ohm load presented to the amp which in your case is 1ohm.

I would start at 800watts first then work your way up, if you'd like. You'd be surprised how loud 800watts is compared to your old setup. Also you would hear absolutely no difference between 800 - 1000 watts.

Setting the gains with a dmm is a good start. With the equation you would use the ohm load presented to the amp which in your case is 1ohm.

Thank you Very Much. !!!

:) :)