bigrank916

bigrank916 MLI-65 project

my stereotype of the west coast is so much off of what you are saying.......

i would of had it pegged as a ton of smaller circuit shows and sound offs all the time....

we have enough here in hoosier land, (IN.), (famous for corn!), too keep busy 10 months out of the year with a little efforst and some driving.

:shrug:

I wish it wasnt. There are a few smaller ones here and there but not what I would think either. Maybe Im just not able to find them but Im always searching on the net around the area and asking in local shops. Maybe I, need help!:wacko:

Im jealous of all the shit I always see you guys talkin about! Flor, NE, Tex, IN, KY, etc.

Their is a bunch of shows in Denver and Colorado Springs but thats 200+ miles away. I will probly try to make it to atleast one this year.

I Looked on a map at where your at, your almost in Northern Cali.

Probly a shit load of shows down in LA and Phenix though.

Their is a bunch of shows in Denver and Colorado Springs but thats 200+ miles away. I will probly try to make it to atleast one this year.

I Looked on a map at where your at, your almost in Northern Cali.

Probly a shit load of shows down in LA and Phenix though.

Ya, up here in NorCal its pretty slim. Roseville just about hugs Sactowns hip, so Im right by the capitol. SoCal has a lot to offer but its just too far. I be willing to go as far south as Fresno, which is about 200 miles. Just cant find em though.

Ive changed my tweeter from the Vifas because they were going to be on back order too long. I am having them ship me these Tang Bands instead.

This tweeter problem is :bull:. I want my highs back!

Both tweeters look pretty good, the Vifi has a little smoother response. I wanna try a textile tweeter someday. Either one plays pretty low, definetly good for active. I can't wait to see how you like em'.

Is this your first active set-up?

I drive to SoCal 3-4 times a year with the familly in my honda, I might have to find a show when I'm there, otherwise I will probly find one here in colorado on the Eastern Slope. My biggest problem is I work weekends, F*cks my schedule all up........

Both tweeters look pretty good, the Vifi has a little smoother response. I wanna try a textile tweeter someday. Either one plays pretty low, definetly good for active. I can't wait to see how you like em'.

Is this your first active set-up?

I drive to SoCal 3-4 times a year with the familly in my honda, I might have to find a show when I'm there, otherwise I will probly find one here in colorado on the Eastern Slope. My biggest problem is I work weekends, F*cks my schedule all up........

Im going to try the Vifa later with the geo. They look nice and Ive seen others use them here. Plus they are really cheap and thats GOOD. Im going to attempt a three way in it...

Yes, this is my first active system. I cant wait to get it all together and tuned. I'll let you know how I like them.

You are lucky with the Honda and that good gas mileage. Im getting some nasty numbers on my side!:suicide-santa:

Maybe when the geo is said and done, I could make a SoCal trip. That wouldnt be bad at all in that. Yeeaaah riiiiggght.:lol:

Man I like that 2-tone color of your truck. When I get mine repainted, It will stay 2-toned too. Those are some killer door pods sir. Very Clean install. You going to put anything into the kicks? Do you still use your dash speaker locations? I guess I'm just wondering beacuse my truck was hard to stage correctly.

Man I like that 2-tone color of your truck. When I get mine repainted, It will stay 2-toned too. Those are some killer door pods sir. Very Clean install. You going to put anything into the kicks? Do you still use your dash speaker locations? I guess I'm just wondering beacuse my truck was hard to stage correctly.

Thanks. It was repainted from original but still followed the same color scheme. It would be hard to change it to any other color as my interior is blue as well. Im too worried about cause blue is my favorite anyway. ;)

I worked really hard on the pods so thank you. Im going to design something for the kicks soon. Just another mid bass probably. I use the stock dash location still as the pods arent totally complete yet. I will continue to use them but the rears suck. They are old and sound if they are blown. Its a bitch to remove the panels so I just fade it to the front.

Theres a lot that say the kicks work well for staging and there are the opponents. Sean is one of the latter.:P I agree its a relatively hard truck to stage properly and still look nice too.

Here is a video I made of the mids and tweets. Sounds good. Could be better. :shrug:

th_100_0001.jpg

truck looks and sounds good. my personal jury is still out on the wheels though......

Come on maaaaaan! "Them is 20s. Nah they 16s, but I keep em clean though." :P

Just some FREE escalade rims from the 07. Notice the key word there.:D