Sign in to follow this  
snowflake808

FI BTL 12" ...need spl

I have a box for my fi btl 12" that is 2.7 cubic feet, and tunned at 34 hertz. . it sounds great best 12 i have evr heard. but i am looking to enetr a comp. soon and was wondering is there was any specs for making an spl box. or better yet some guide lines. like how many hertz should i tune to.

I have a box for my fi btl 12" that is 2.7 cubic feet, and tunned at 34 hertz. . it sounds great best 12 i have evr heard. but i am looking to enetr a comp. soon and was wondering is there was any specs for making an spl box. or better yet some guide lines. like how many hertz should i tune to.

I think the rule is big box, and higher Hz like 41 and up..

There is no magical formula for making an SPL box. Testing differen't enclosures in your vehichle is what to do. Do you know what your vehichles peak frequency is? Find a shop or person with a Term Lab and find your peak frequency and tune your box to that or around that frequency .

There is no magical formula for making an SPL box. Testing differen't enclosures in your vehichle is what to do. Do you know what your vehichles peak frequency is? Find a shop or person with a Term Lab and find your peak frequency and tune your box to that or around that frequency .

x2, the best advice given; plus lots of tuning/tweaking and adjustments to car and equipment to get numbers (it will take a lot of patience and time but it will pay off in the end). Good luck man.