Sign in to follow this  
mccleery3

Clarion VZ409

I currently have a Pioneer DEH-7800MP and am very happy with it except for the fact that I would like a DVD player/flip screen. I'm trying to find something with 3 preouts, some crossover abilities, and fairly inexpensive. The head unit has to be single din and a flip screen because my dash would have be cut for a full din. The Clarion looks decent but I can't find much info on it other than really general stuff. Ebay, Crutchfield, and other online sites have it for around $350 shipped and that's the price range I'm looking for. I'm not sure if I will be happy with less crossover abilities but not sure if I really need them either. My current 4 channel is a JL 300/4 running Memphis MCSQ 6.5" comps in front and MClass 5x7" rears. I plan on ugrading eventually to the Sundown SAX-100.4 and know it has gotten rave reviews for it's crossovers. I can't find a local place that carries one and most of them push alpine, kenwood, pioneer so I turn to my fellow SSA members. I hope I've given enough info, thanks in advance.

A friend competes SQ in ???MECAi???? and he and a few others use sundown amps and they're getting docked points for noise. It's been traced down to be the amps. They might have good xovers, but they're "noisy". He's switching them out soon. W/what I don't know. If you ever get the chance to swing over to Lafayette, IN and go to Sound Check. See what they suggest. I'm biased to PG so that's what I'd say to use, but for good reasons.

I'll have to look into that clarion HU.

A friend competes SQ in ???MECAi???? and he and a few others use sundown amps and they're getting docked points for noise. It's been traced down to be the amps. They might have good xovers, but they're "noisy". He's switching them out soon. W/what I don't know. If you ever get the chance to swing over to Lafayette, IN and go to Sound Check. See what they suggest. I'm biased to PG so that's what I'd say to use, but for good reasons.

I'll have to look into that clarion HU.

Are you serious, explain this one to me so I can have an understanding. Or email Jacob(from Sundown Audio) so he can be aware of the problem and if its not true then dont throw false info around.

The next time I see Andy I'll try and gather the info and send it along. But yes I'm serious. The one thing I despise it someone that posts false content.

Andy uses Sundown amps as well as two other of his friends/competitors and they all have been docked pts for noise in the system and they traced it back to the amps in all 3 cases. He was talking about getting some new amps but didn't know what brands to go w/yet.

BUMP-----maybe even someone with a similar headunit?

BUMP BUMP-----No one has any opinions?

BUMP!! Just wondering if anybody can give me some input on this flip screen headunit? I found it on amazon.com for $313 shipped......btw-I meant that my dash can't take a double din. Probably won't purchase it for another month or so. I'm hoping to find a buyer locally for my current headunit to apply toward the new one.

BUMP!! Just wondering if anybody can give me some input on this flip screen headunit? I found it on amazon.com for $313 shipped......btw-I meant that my dash can't take a double din. Probably won't purchase it for another month or so. I'm hoping to find a buyer locally for my current headunit to apply toward the new one.

Here is the manual for the Clarion.... VZ409

Thanks sqjeep! That gives me a little more help :drink40: I'm thinking that my crossovers on my JL 300/4 and eventually the Sundown SAX-100.4 would be ok for what I may lose changing the HU.