porkchop

sound club : car club

Hey guys,

It is my intention to develope a small, organized sound club, quite similar to how many car clubs function. I am into the monthly meetings and the group activities, as well as having goals and public functions. I dig the thought of having a logo, decals, hats, shirts, etc. We have started to form, small, but i beleive solid. I feel like perhaps I should be further along than I am, I ask myself what is it I should be adding, what is a waste?

So I am reaching out to 10,517 members we currently have here and asking each of you,

What attributes would you suggest toward the creation of a sound club?

What would you like to see in it, as if it was your own?

Perhaps, an instance or referance that would be a a good roll model to fashion after.

Single best thing a sound club should achieve for its members, as well as what should we steer clear from?

anything else come to mind? Positive / Negative?

Trully, I want to know what our peers think. It is important to hear from those who know us best already.

thanks Chop.

I'd like to add that the club itself is intended for us to learn from eachother, car audio or not, but also to create a positive roll for children. To give them something to keep them out of drugs, gangs, or violence.

I'd like to add that the club itself is intended for us to learn from eachother, car audio or not, but also to create a positive roll for children. To give them something to keep them out of drugs, gangs, or violence.

Yes this is two of our top goals currently..............and rightfully so, did you see how involved Kryssy was, she does not own a single folder or notebook that doesn't have IAK on it. lol.

Yes this is two of our top goals currently..............and rightfully so, did you see how involved Kryssy was, she does not own a single folder or notebook that doesn't have IAK on it. lol.

Haha yea I saw that. What was she over there drawin today?

of course community participation would suit the car club. most car clubs get recongnized by how much they impact the community and just like mdizzle5472 said positive roll models for the childeren. Another thing is the "WOW" factor. since this is an audio club the "WOW" factor would be how loud and clear the club cars can get

of course community participation would suit the car club. most car clubs get recongnized by how much they impact the community and just like mdizzle5472 said positive roll models for the childeren. Another thing is the "WOW" factor. since this is an audio club the "WOW" factor would be how loud and clear the club cars can get

Also have some type of standard on how installs are done and neat and organized they are

I am thinking that in 6 months from now, some of us will have the "WOW" fully availble.....the ability to be approachable from all leveles of experiance is important to me, so this value will present some that are less than "WOW" but should I hold this value despite this burden?

The community is tricky, there is a stereo type, no pun intended, on car audio, as there is with anything, I want to have the ability to provide a positive influence to the youth that are around us, and allow the community to see the good we are attempting to provide. perhaps the toy drives, picnics, and fund raiser events are some avenues I am pondering.

Thanks for the comment, you are right, we need the "bling" or "wow" factor to get noticed.

chop

What Mike and chop are saying sounds great to me. :) I would say, have some sort of rotation set up, where during the meets, a member of the club has the rest of the club pitch in and help work on that members particular install. That way, each person can reach their goals with the help of friends and in a democratic way.

If you guys get a big enough group, we can put up a sub forum if you like.

What Mike and chop are saying sounds great to me. :) I would say, have some sort of rotation set up, where during the meets, a member of the club has the rest of the club pitch in and help work on that members particular install. That way, each person can reach their goals with the help of friends and in a democratic way.

If you guys get a big enough group, we can put up a sub forum if you like.

dang, that would be a great idea Denim, I like the thought process behind that....... uh, me first, me first, lol >throwing hand in the air<

this is really important to us, to ensure we each can learn from the other.

I really like the idea of the sub forum too, thanks for the input.

chop

The great thing in our sound club is that everyone has a different dissipline he's good at ,

so far we've got a welder/benchworker/and all other steel stuff , two electricians , one that knows a lot about building boxes and setting up front stages(that would be me)a 2 body/polyester worker and someone that can repair HU's and amps ...

furthermore in our club we al have an equal democatic vote in all decisions and all new members have to be voted in by 100% positive vote .

we have a weekly gathering ,we rarely talk about audio much, thats stuff for the weekends .

and we all pay a yearly fee to provide for 1 weekend meeting in august , stuff like a termlab , and minimum 2 BBQ's :fing34:

The great thing in our sound club is that everyone has a different dissipline he's good at ,

so far we've got a welder/benchworker/and all other steel stuff , two electricians , one that knows a lot about building boxes and setting up front stages(that would be me)a 2 body/polyester worker and someone that can repair HU's and amps ...

furthermore in our club we al have an equal democatic vote in all decisions and all new members have to be voted in by 100% positive vote .

we have a weekly gathering ,we rarely talk about audio much, thats stuff for the weekends .

and we all pay a yearly fee to provide for 1 weekend meeting in august , stuff like a termlab , and minimum 2 BBQ's :fing34:

Thats what i like. If we were all into different things. I build a lot of boxes, and I am learning about front stages, I want to learn how to do a lot of things, like weld and such. Four of the members on the team are on this forum. (Myself, Chop, Jdawg22, and idk the other one), We all have a general understanding of what we are doing with a couple of exceeding with that knowledge. Eventually we want a shop and all that good stuff, but like you said with the TL and BBQ's, that would be awesome. We are suposed to go do something at the end of this month as a group, which will aslo then determine who all is in for the long haul, so to speak. We are just starting off, and have a long way to go, but the flip side is, we can only go up from here!!

welder................bbq...............hmmmmmmmm :coolugh:

now who can we find for that....??? :shrug:

I believe that we will try to shoot for some kind of petty cash fund, one thing that we could use for sure.

I would not want to say we are too small, still yet for a large diverse group, but i do agree with you mikey, we have room to grow.

you are the box guy for sure and J-dawg seems to be kick a** in the graphic arts and public relations right now!!!

guess we can dump wheels and tires on bear.

I like the concept of voting new members in.

welder................bbq...............hmmmmmmmm :coolugh:

now who can we find for that....??? :shrug:

I believe that we will try to shoot for some kind of petty cash fund, one thing that we could use for sure.

I would not want to say we are too small, still yet for a large diverse group, but i do agree with you mikey, we have room to grow.

you are the box guy for sure and J-dawg seems to be kick a** in the graphic arts and public relations right now!!!

guess we can dump wheels and tires on bear.

I like the concept of voting new members in.

Remember I drew that shit lol. But yea he did go get them made or made them himself. Oh... BTW that kid said 50 for 10 10X10 stickers, w/e colors.

tell him do it, I want two of em......also tell him we will get more in nov. too.

I know you drew that one and the other one as well, both kicked a** , but you know that lil f*cker got over on that hat and the mirror is tight too. :fing34:

i want to shove the shirts into nov. perhaps, so that we all can go out still. :shrug:

:chat:

I'll have the money to do it, I'll get some stickers made before the next meeting. I want to draw a new design though. So I will work on that as well.

MDIZZLE5472 you know the next meeting is 10/31/09 ....

we are going to need those stickers. was up with them.........lol lmao

IAK :drink40: