Sign in to follow this  
wayneo99

is it my head unit or my speakers???

so i hit a bump today on the highway and my front speakers cut out and stopped working for like 5 seconds then they came back in. there all stock. an i have a sony head unit. im guessing a cable came loose in the back of the HU?

Have you looked behind your radio yet to see or you just waiting for a reply, any troubleshooting done. I would check all speaker wire and headunit wiring.

well its 1am so im not gonna look at my car til tomo. but i was just lookin for some opinions b4 i go look tomo to see what i should check for.

If you hit a bump and they only went out for 5 seconds was it maybe just a cd skipping?

Could be a CD.

If it's not the CD, it's gotta be the head unit because for all the speakers to simutaniously cut out due to faulty wiring or problems with the speakers is unlikely. Sounds like it could be a bad connection if it isn't the cd skipping.

What kind of vehicle is this in? It could be something with factory amps. I've had vehicles come into the shop where channels on the factory amp go bad and speakers cut out, but its usually a single speaker that cuts out.

Just my first few guesses.

Were you playing a cd, listening to fm, playing your ipod? It is hard to troubleshoot based on the information presented. Most sony decks are :bull: so they skip a lot when you hit a bump. Also you said your front speakers cut out. Did your back speakers stay running? If so do you have your speakers wired to your head unit or to an external amplifier?

What trouble shooting have you done since this problem.