osheabraggs

Fi or SSa

the only thing that can really make a difference is the fact that fi is offering free BP power option right now on the Q's, didn't see tho, are you trying to run it sealed?

i might be running mine sealed why? i listen to a lot of everything and i'm sure a 1000W sub will bump when i want it to anyways. or am i wrong? all i gather is that a sealed box will make the bass tighter and a ported box will push more air and boom more. i can always change the box too if it comes down to it.

the other thing is i have a single cab truck so i might just do a sealed box because space is limited and i dont know if i'll have enough room to accommodate a box that'll make the sub sound good.

Edited by speckdzl4shzl

Q's don't perform as well in sealed enclosures with the BP power option, still work of course, but if running sealed then it's optimal to have the option. ported will def. be louder, but yes sealed will usually have a tighter response.

Q's don't perform as well in sealed enclosures with the BP power option, still work of course, but if running sealed then it's optimal to have the option. ported will def. be louder, but yes sealed will usually have a tighter response.

Not tighter, just flatter across the frequency band without worrying about every minuscule detail in the box build.

bump.

i'm not going to start a new thread because i'm in basically the same position. i'm ready to throw down on a good sub/amp combo but im kinda stuck.

here's my deal. i have a 05 regular cab Tacoma so space is limited (i.e. mounting depth) and since i dont have a huge truck i don't need anything crazy but i do want to bump.

I've been looking at Fi's stuff for a while now and really like the Q's specs, especially now that i finally have some cash and the free Bp power upgrade is going on.

But i've just been looking at the Icon's as well. the specs are pretty much equal, minus what might be my deciding factor...space

If i went with Fi I would be getting the 10" Q for its There's no way I would be able to do a 12" Q the mounting depth is too large and i can't accommodate a ported box's dimensions and i'm pretty sure it'd be the same with an Icon 12.

if i went with a the icon 10 the mounting depth is .5" less than a Q 10.

wow so basically after typing all this i figured out that a 10" sub would suffice. but should i go Q or Icon? oh and i'd be powering either with a sundown saz-1000d.

If you have to ask then go Icon.

If it were me i would go with the icon 10. it will save you some mounting depth and its a very good sub. plus that amp is a good combination with that. either way it will sound good