Sign in to follow this  
SBranger

USACI/DB DRAG WF my coil pics

It was nice to Meet you Nick and David @ Finals. Sorry the truck didnt hold up for a big #. Live and learn on my end. Atleast David got a demo of the truck before i had more problems.

David, you are like a Robot when you recone woofers bro. I will be getting ahold of you guys shortly for recones.

Here is a pic of 2 of the coils .. NOTE NOTE, these are my fault, Very effecient 6th order but it would not allow the woofers to cool as needed. Doubling the power did not help much except add alot of un wanted heat. The 2nd pic was reading 304 ohms.. LOL Before everything let go, I was street beating a 156.7 Live in learn, new enclosure design to come. Also, new shirts are nice as hell.

Aaron Hanselman

Photo0432.jpg

Photo0433.jpg

Edited by SBranger

304ohms lmao holy shit, how much power did you throw at them hahaha

304ohms lmao holy shit, how much power did you throw at them hahaha

about 4500 rms each DP 18". Problem was the rear chamber was small with little port area and just would not allow these to cool. I had them in a typical wall ported and they took the power just fine. So i would assume that the enclosure was the cause of the failure.

Like i said, this was a StreetBeat run for 30 seconds and they gave up at around 22 sec.. this was also at 43Hz.

Edited by SBranger

wow :suicide-santa:

Ouch.

damnn. i can feel that pain.