Alright I just want to clear this up so I don't fry an amp.

Here is how I will have my set up wired.

wiringdiagram.jpg

What do I disconnect just the front battery negative? Or what? And do I take out all the fuses then plug in the postive to the amp and THEN negative ?

I just want to make sure

UMM i am lost! (See that wasn't hard! llol)

so the RD 3250 is your amp! and those other 2 box's before the amp are batteries? i assume?

if so you are MISSING a fuse!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

UMM i am lost! (See that wasn't hard! llol)

so the RD 3250 is your amp! and those other 2 box's before the amp are batteries? i assume?

if so you are MISSING a fuse!

Yes the two in the back are batteries, sorry every1 ha.

I know it is recommended but I figured the 1 fuse was fine. Im fusing b4 the amp. I don't think anythings going to happen its all done pretty well.

When I get some more money I might add another if its really needed tho...

well here is how I WOULD do it. to be safe! AND i also included rest of the big 3 upgrade!

Untitled-7.jpg

so you don't BLOW the amp simple jsut tkae out of the inline fuse leading to the amp and plug the ground in first! you might get a little spark but don't worry.

does this fully answer your question?

Edited by CrazyKenKid

and yes techinically speaking you should have one more fuse between the batteries BUT if your batteries are super close don't worry about it!

and remember we use fuse to be safe! if something were to happen the fuse would pop! and if you didn't have the fuses there the wire could catch on fire and potential burn down your car! which isnt' good!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

and yes techinically speaking you should have one more fuse between the batteries BUT if your batteries are super close don't worry about it!

and remember we use fuse to be safe! if something were to happen the fuse would pop! and if you didn't have the fuses there the wire could catch on fire and potential burn down your car! which isnt' good!

damn man thanks for that pic. I know, I'll probably add it in later as time comes on. I ran out of wire. I had 50 ft of 2 ought wiring and ran out faster than I thought. I'll get more in time. I gotta make due with waht I have.

And the SPARK really concersn me. I thought thats what fries your amp? What happens if you hook up power wire then negative?

i don't know lol!! i jsut hook up the ground up first so the POWER has somewhere to go once you put the power in. but if you have no fuse in there is no power anywyas. as for the little sparks i guess they are coming from ground lol what else is hooked up lol! but i imagine i am so wrong on that and i know someone else will chime in tomrrow morning!! so just hang on for a few hours for a full answer on that!

here is a cool website i jsut found!

read the ground section about a little more then 1/2 way down the page

http://www.mmxpress.com/technical/ampinstall.htm

then give this quick read about fusing and fires if you don't fuse!

http://www.mmxpress.com/technical/fusing.htm

second paragraph!! very interesting read lol!! and good comparision on why to use inline fusing!

happy reading and enjoy!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

i don't know lol!! i jsut hook up the ground up first so the POWER has somewhere to go once you put the power in. but if you have no fuse in there is no power anywyas. as for the little sparks i guess they are coming from ground lol what else is hooked up lol! but i imagine i am so wrong on that and i know someone else will chime in tomrrow morning!! so just hang on for a few hours for a full answer on that!

will do, thanks anyways

ur logic makes sense but im just makin sure

will do, thanks anyways

ur logic makes sense but im just makin sure

awesome! thanks! well i am off to bed now be sure to post an install thread with a bunch of pics and maybe video! and good luck and feel free to ask question!! just do some reseach before asking the question! some (most) admins will complain to you if you don't and tell you to read the noob posting guide lol!! and above enjoy your stay and learn a lot! i know i have!