porkchop

Questions About Drivers for Laptop

ok im gonna try that and ill be on maybe tommarow and let you know the outcome. the baby is getting impatient waiting on mommy to come spoil him lol. thanks for all your help!!!

Edited by *yeabuddy*

ok i came back now lol he is content.(eating)

it said that it was already installed:( but i do have a yellow blimp on other devices it is the network controllers, Any info>

ok, yellow ! point means that either the driver installed is the wrong driver, missing files or not completely done yet.

One way is check for the last one is to restart or turn off laptop which i'm sure you have by now, hehe, and turn it back on, go back into device manager and see if it's still there.

If it is, right click it and select uninstall driver.

At this point, try downloading the other link i sent you.

You are to NEVER try to install more than 1 of the same type of driver or it can cause conflicts which i think is what's goin on.

u need to uninstall the exclamation point driver, then try 1 driver i posted a link for.. restart pc after installing and check device manager.

If it's still yellow, uninstall it again, and try driver 2 i linked earlier.. restart pc and recheck device manager.

I DID BOTH THINGS AND STILL A YELLOW BLIMP IM THINKIN THAT THIS PC IS BETTER OFF IN THE TRASH. LOL. ITS RAINING OUTSIDE SO MAYBE THATS A GREAT PLACE FOR IT TO GO~

did u do it exactly in the right order i said?

U can't have one driver installed and then try the other without it being uninstalled first!

It may be possible that the driver needs to be uninstalled and the laptop restarted before an attempt to install another driver.

I can get it working if i had it in front of me so dont throw it away. Even if u gotta wait til Carl Casper.. i can get it workin.

if all else fails, i can hardwire it through the lan port and get online. Then, u could download remote assistance (free) so i could log onto ur laptop and fix it from here.

Unfortunately, even if i had to do that, it would be some time before i would have time to fix it due to all the other work i got lined up.

yea. i understand. so i have a question if i plug in a phone line connection then i can get on.

not if ur ISP isn't dialup..

If you got broadband, then yes, plug the ethernet cable into the laptop and it should work fine.

emphasize should, hehe.

yea the way this has been goin it will be like this other pc i had one day i turned it on and it started smokin out of the key board lol. I dont have wonderful luck with computers at all desktop or pc