Sign in to follow this  
clouduz

Lvl 4 and lvl 5 future use

Okay, currently working with 2 15" R's. Looking to upgrade, and am currently using a Saz 3KD and will be using the same amp. Now I'll run it at 1 ohm and still 2 15"s, my question is which will be more efficient the xl's or the lvl5? lol I kinda want the lvl5 to show off the HUGE motor, but not sure if i'll have enough power to push them. I can't say for sure but maybe 6 more months down the line I might get another saz amp. But for NOW which is better for the power i have? Will it dig deeper and sound better than the R's? Birthday's next month and want to treat myself to something real nice. :)

Okay, currently working with 2 15" R's. Looking to upgrade, and am currently using a Saz 3KD and will be using the same amp. Now I'll run it at 1 ohm and still 2 15"s, my question is which will be more efficient the xl's or the lvl5? lol I kinda want the lvl5 to show off the HUGE motor, but not sure if i'll have enough power to push them. I can't say for sure but maybe 6 more months down the line I might get another saz amp. But for NOW which is better for the power i have? Will it dig deeper and sound better than the R's? Birthday's next month and want to treat myself to something real nice. :)

The lvl 5's will do quite well off a single 3k. With the idea of going with more power down the road this is def. the road I'd choose.

oh forgot to mention goals, most likely tuned around 33-35 and looking to get low while retaining the highs (SPL) . If I had to choose I would prefer to move a lot of air but sound decent while doing it

lol well damn writing this makes me sound like a groupie lol....I do follow your work, and it's damn impressive! Just thought that with the power handling of the lvl5 i would be starving it or something, but yeah you hit it dead on I do want something that will be able to handle more power down the road if need be. Thanks looks like it's lvl 5 so far. Hey thor, is 35hz a good tune to pick up lows like "put on"?

lol well damn writing this makes me sound like a groupie lol....I do follow your work, and it's damn impressive! Just thought that with the power handling of the lvl5 i would be starving it or something, but yeah you hit it dead on I do want something that will be able to handle more power down the road if need be. Thanks looks like it's lvl 5 so far. Hey thor, is 35hz a good tune to pick up lows like "put on"?

Thanks! 32-35 should pick that up well :)

400 watts

Lvl 5's FTMFW!! :woot:

damn! lol all i need is a good box and I'm sure the lvl 5's will be devastating