Sign in to follow this  
frosty42069

What subs to buy

I'm looking for a decent sub that i could possibly find on the internet for cheap with no warranty or anything. This sub is temporary so i'm not concerned about the sub blowing in a short amount of time; i just need it to last until this summer. I'm concidering buying 2 kicker cvr 12's...they are like $80 a piece...does anyone know of a sub that would be better around the same price range maybe $20-$50 more expensive

btw i have a box that is like 2.5 cubic feet per chamber and the port is tuned to 33 hz according to an online tuning calculator

Edited by Brandon Frost

Why do you spend money on something that for some reason. You think your not going to set right and just blow it, why not just save the money for the future subs. Also you don't have to blow it lol, just have to set it right....

Incriminator Audio 187 Series! :drink40:

What kind of power are you using and how much? Will make recommendations easier to know amp and wattage!

I'm looking for a decent sub that i could possibly find on the internet for cheap with no warranty or anything. This sub is temporary so i'm not concerned about the sub blowing in a short amount of time; i just need it to last until this summer. I'm concidering buying 2 kicker cvr 12's...they are like $80 a piece...does anyone know of a sub that would be better around the same price range maybe $20-$50 more expensive

btw i have a box that is like 2.5 cubic feet per chamber and the port is tuned to 33 hz according to an online tuning calculator

Dude!! Scientific impossibility. "This" summer just passed, and you can't go backwards in time. ehh.gif I think you meant "Next" summer. I just needed to point that out.... smile.gif

Also, I say, save your money now, and do it right later. But if you have to spend now, look at the SSA dcon.

Edited by DeepSubBoy

I'm a big IA fan and I think you can't go wrong with the 187's.

well i need something temporary and the cvr's i think will hit pretty hard for a temporary sub...i just want something to hold me off for a while...

You just missed the Xs from Fi for $65 a piece for 12s. So did i as a matter of fact. Those would have been perfect. Id look for the cheapest used product in the mean time. Maybe here in the classifieds.

Why are you interested in something so temporary? Are you only going to want bass until next summer, at which time you'll never want any again? I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to get good gear right off the bat...

the re audio srx is pretty good what kind of amp do you have??

Get a 6-pack of Funky Pup 15"s and do a wall, then take them bastards to Finals in 2012. That's the reason it happens, the world will implode from the mad deeeebeeez yo.

....But seriously, IA 187's dude. Or a single Mach5 IXL 10...with a funky pup dust cap. :) :) :)