Sign in to follow this  
millertime

Xcon 15 box

ok it is time to start on my box for the new sub i ordered.... now bear with me i am not great at figureing all the math out.... so anyway ... i went and took some measuremeants..... i am looking like i can fit 20x 20 then the hight i was trying to stay about 23.... so that gives me about 4.25832.... now here comes the part harder for me.... if i go say 18.5 x 3 for the port at 32 herts.. which then says 30.366887 long.... how much cubic ft. would the box have now ? with the port and sub displacemeant... i think i read the sub would be like .2 .. now i can make the box taller.. but the 20x20 well need to stay the same if i use the room i was plaining on... any help would be great.....

The port uses up .97 cubes (not accounting for wood thickness), then the Xcon eats up .2 more. So if your box is around 4.25 cubes, subtract port and driver displacement and you are right at 3.08 cubes. If you can go an inch taller that would allow a little more internal volume for the driver. :)

thanks....... i went and mesured some more.. so i think i can do 21x21x 27...... so that will give me 5.61 cu.ft.... then after the port and sub.. and the port walls i should be pretty close to 4 cu ft .... i think... will that work good ? oh ya it says 26-33 hz .... what should i really be shooting for ? closer to 33 or 26 ?? i found this other calculator and it ask some qustions about numbers from the sub spec's and it said it should be 28.1 hertz... but i have no idea if it is right or not... do you know what the xcon 15 likes ?

Tune for your goals. If you want to maximize output with out losing low end, tune higher in the suggested range. If you want to keep the response as flat as possible, tune lower in the range.