galacticmonkey

Focal Subwoofers?

I heard the 33v1 a while ago, I believe it was in a Miata. Did not hear the 30a1 though. I have noticed you asking about SQ biased drivers lately. What install is this going in, and how many do you plan to use? I ask because the Focals are not cheap by any means, and there might be other drivers that are more fitting to your preference.

I got an Avalanche for daily. I have 2 sets of Focal 165VR comps laying around for highs. I saw the Access sub for $129 online, and the Polyglass sub online for $149, both brand new. Obviously they wont have a warranty, but I wont be abusing them like I would equipment in an SPL setup, so I dont see a problem with no warranty, especially since I could buy 2-3 new subs for the price of one sub at retail.

Was thinking about maybe either 6 Access 12s or 4 Polyglass 13s/

I can understand if you want to stay all Focal, but why so many drivers if this is just a daily driver set up that is not going to be pushed hard?

*drools* Focal...... ehh.gif

I don't get it either. I also don't understand staying all with one brand unless it is for sponsor reasons. I do like the Focal subs better than their fronts though.

i heard some focals today at audio toyz in mission viejo. they sound real clean. have some good bass, but mostly real clean. not sure which focals they were but they have a big chrome magnet

focal makes a great product, their woofers are top notch, nothing I would ever I guess I would see in one of your setup though! lol their mids/highs are a bit too bright for my tastes, but clear nonetheless, I'm with M5 I like their woofers better, their home theater stuff is kick-ass too!! get the polyglass woofers, their entire access line is good, but it is def. clear it is their entry-level line. I have ran polyglass mids/highs, and access mid/highs, and heard their utopia, yeh the 5k set in person, nothing special btw, but polyglass series is way better than access series.

their best line, even better than the utopias is the k2power series. that's what really makes the focal name :)