Sign in to follow this  
metso

esx q75.2

help please

i just got an esx 75.2,,,the good ones made by zed,,,i have a dual 2 ohm woofer that can obviouslt make a 1 ohm load or 4 ohm load,,,ive downloaded the instructions from the esx website but this little amp is so complex along with the instructions ,,, ireally dont know where to start..all i wanna do is run the amp bridged to push my woofer

help please

help please

i just got an esx 75.2,,,the good ones made by zed,,,i have a dual 2 ohm woofer that can obviouslt make a 1 ohm load or 4 ohm load,,,ive downloaded the instructions from the esx website but this little amp is so complex along with the instructions ,,, ireally dont know where to start..all i wanna do is run the amp bridged to push my woofer

help please

Since the amp has a button called true mono, i wouldn't bridged the amplifier. What this button does is turn the entire amplifier into a mono block amplifier. Now to does this all you have to do is wire your sub to 4 ohm and on the amplifier press down the true mono button. (press the button before you turn on the vehicle, if you don't you will not be able to push the button while the vehicleis running.) When you wire the sub to the amp you only put the wires in the left channel. The right channel should have no wires in it. Also you would only need to have 1 rca end plug into the left channel, but it won't hurt to have both rcas connected though. Which would be better cause then you won't have an rca end hanging there that could cause interfence. In this mode the amp would put out 240watts.

PS. If you ever want to sell it let me know cause i love these esx amplifiers.

help please

help please

Since the amp has a button called true mono, i wouldn't bridged the amplifier. What this button does is turn the entire amplifier into a mono block amplifier. Now to does this all you have to do is wire your sub to 4 ohm and on the amplifier press down the true mono button. (press the button before you turn on the vehicle, if you don't you will not be able to push the button while the vehicleis running.) When you wire the sub to the amp you only put the wires in the left channel. The right channel should have no wires in it. Also you would only need to have 1 rca end plug into the left channel, but it won't hurt to have both rcas connected though. Which would be better cause then you won't have an rca end hanging there that could cause interfence. In this mode the amp would put out 240watts.

ok heres another question,,,the amp does 240 watts bridged at 4 ohms and 230 watts bridged/true mono at 1 ohm...............so i would have to wire my sub for 1 ohm for true mono,,,or just leave it at 4ohm and just select the bridged button on the amp?

help please

help please

ok heres another question,,,the amp does 240 watts bridged at 4 ohms and 230 watts bridged/true mono at 1 ohm...............so i would have to wire my sub for 1 ohm for true mono,,,or just leave it at 4ohm and just select the bridged button on the amp?

Im sorry i quickly read my book before i posted and i messed up about the 4ohm load. If you use the 4ohm load you select the sync bridging button, and if you want to use a 1ohm load then you use the true mono button. But using the 4ohm load you will have less stress on the amplifier.

help please

help please

Im sorry i quickly read my book before i posted and i messed up about the 4ohm load. If you use the 4ohm load you select the sync bridging button, and if you want to use a 1ohm load then you use the true mono button. But using the 4ohm load you will have less stress on the amplifier.

perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

help please

help please

am i safe using 8 gauge power wire for this amp?

help please

help please

am i safe using 8 gauge power wire for this amp?

If the run is short, 8 guage should be ok. By short, I mean less than 12 feet of wire. Otherwise, I would step up to 4 guage just to be safe.