Sign in to follow this  
firey_kimchi

US Amps Optimizer or 2nd Battery?

To fill you in...I'm stationed in Japan and have a 1996 Honda Orthia wagon (equivalent to a Civic or CRX). The battery is very small! My alternator is factory. I've done the Big 3. I have a Panasonic CQDFX85 head unit, (2) RE Audio 6.5 two-way speakers powered by a US Amps USA-50 and a 10" MB Quart DWE-254 sub powered by a US Amps USA-100. My lights don't dim when listening to music. They start to dim when I'm sitting at a light and I click my window button up. I'm going to replace my MB Quart with a RE Audio 10" SE10D2 and use a US Amps USA-150X to power it. I know this will probably cause my lights to dim alot! I've had a US Amps Optimizer sitting in my closet for 6 yrs and want to install it. I'm wondering if that will fix my dimming problem and have enough power to satisfy my amps or do I need to get a 2nd battery?

Now is this dimming with window button and music on at the same time, or just window by itself?

Edited by bigrank916

Then you are pulling more juice than you are creating. Your alt cant quite keep up with you bumping and the window and the same time. I dont know if a 2nd batt is going to help or what an optimizer is so i cant help you there.But I do know that a h/o alt will help a whole bunch depending on how far your upgrades are going to go and if its worth it or not.

Edited by bigrank916