cole20cole

AQ HDC3 18 vs. SS rl-p 18

for SPL and the sub that hits the low notes the best in a ported box seeing 1000 rms.

Please read noob posting guidelines before posting again, this is a useless topic (wont help you or others). Thankx

The Rlp has a huge following amongst the Home Theater crew and unlike music movies actually have lows.

The RL-p is a very capable sub woofer. Is this for competition or just high output daily? Please read the new member topics guidelines linked in my signature, so you can make a better thread, so we can help answer the thread better.

ok now that i made a fool of myself, i have read the newbie thing and here is the additional info-

It will be pushed by AQ 1200d.

In a ported MDF box. i dont know what it will be tuned to becase i dont have the sub or the box made. but i do have enough room bc i have a grand cherokee.

I listen to all rap. lots of chopped and screwed music so like 20-35hz most of the time.

I hear them both on youtube but i cant tell which has better low notes, i know poeple will say that if im using an AQ amp then i should match it but i am leaning towards the rl-p becuase from what i saw it has better lows, but i am not for sure. Thank you and sorry for my newbie post.

Considering the RL-P is more an SQ sub, I would say the RL-P would suit you better than the Audioque but your first post states two different goals (SPL and lows). But after your second post you want lows all day long so I would go with the RL-P

I wouldn't lean towards matching anything to the AQ, it's a budget amp. A pair of Rlp 15's in a monster size box will really get you in the lows.

That solely depends on what you meant by 20-35Hz. If you are truly okay with that range, which I HIGHLY doubt, then it would be way different than something I would normally recommend for what you listen to.

Thank you for checking out the new member topics. Based on your updated post, I feel the RL-p 18 is more then capable.