Sign in to follow this  
forsellb

3500D or 4500D?? and retarded Q about wiring.

Ok Im going to have a 220A alternator, two D3100 powermasters batts for the amp, and Im getting 2 AA Mayhem 12s D2 voice coils. Would I be better with the 4500D or 3500D on a 12V system? And is there such thing as wire gauge overkill? Say I run a 3/0 run from my alt to my trunk and its about a 20' stretch. Would it be fine using the 3/0? And when I wire the subs I want to use 4ga wire because the amount of power and I want to be 100% sure the wire is letting as much current through as possible. So would using an excessive AWG of wire cause any 'damage' or reduction in power, or would it not matter?

Ok Im going to have a 220A alternator, two D3100 powermasters batts for the amp, and Im getting 2 AA Mayhem 12s D2 voice coils. Would I be better with the 4500D or 3500D on a 12V system? And is there such thing as wire gauge overkill? Say I run a 3/0 run from my alt to my trunk and its about a 20' stretch. Would it be fine using the 3/0? And when I wire the subs I want to use 4ga wire because the amount of power and I want to be 100% sure the wire is letting as much current through as possible. So would using an excessive AWG of wire cause any 'damage' or reduction in power, or would it not matter?

It would be hard running 4 gauge wire to 8 gauge push terminals on the sub.

True.. but where theres a will theres a way.. I kinda feel like 8ga would choke the current, but Im not a pro..

True.. but where theres a will theres a way.. I kinda feel like 8ga would choke the current, but Im not a pro..

8 gauge will choke what current (yeah im glad your not a pro), they are just subwoofers). 8 gauge wire will be fine and all you need. :drink40:

alright, then what about which amp would suit me better and would I be better with 2/0 or 3/0 run from the alt?

alright, then what about which amp would suit me better and would I be better with 2/0 or 3/0 run from the alt?

Just pick whatever amp out of the two that you can afford and make sure you have the electrical to back it up.

Just pick whatever amp out of the two that you can afford and make sure you have the electrical to back it up.

Alright thanks

Why are you getting dual 2 coils? You should get dual 1 so that you can wire in series/parallel and get a 1 ohm load at the amp.

Why are you getting dual 2 coils? You should get dual 1 so that you can wire in series/parallel and get a 1 ohm load at the amp.

Because he doesnt know what he is doing, when you order your subwoofers make sure you are requesting them to get you Dual 1 ohm subwoofers. I think this setup may be to advanced for you but if you feel that this is the route you want to go, good luck and I hope it comes together. I think if anything you should try one Mayhem with a 2000-2500 rms amp first, just my .02 so you can get more experience with this and then upgrade.

Son of a B***h lol thats what I meant.. Im on here late at night most of the time and I make mistakes :( but yea Im going to be having a 1 ohm load for sure.