Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I'm thinking about getting 1 Fi 18" BTL fully loaded and a sundown 1500. I was just looking for some feedback on how that would sound in a 2006 king ranch expedition

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I'm thinking about getting 1 Fi 18" BTL fully loaded and a sundown 1500. I was just looking for some feedback on how that would sound in a 2006 king ranch expedition

That a very subjective question. There is a lot of factors to determine "how that would sound". But if its done right, it will be very loud if thats what you are looking for.

Why are there 2 posts of the same thing. No bueno dude.

That a very subjective question. There is a lot of factors to determine "how that would sound". But if its done right, it will be very loud if thats what you are looking for.

I don't know why it's up their twice. My bad I didn't mean to post it twice. I guess I should have asked if The fi btl and the sundown 1500 are going to work well together. Like is the sundown 1500 powerfull enough for the btl?

I don't know why it's up their twice. My bad I didn't mean to post it twice. I guess I should have asked if The fi btl and the sundown 1500 are going to work well together. Like is the sundown 1500 powerfull enough for the btl?

Oh ya. Plenty. In the right conditions that amp will do close to 2000 watts. That BTL is a monster and can handle more than 2000 watts. Its not indestructable though. It has its limits as does everything else.

Edited by bigrank916

I guess I'm looking for a good setup that sounds clean and isn't just a bunch of loud bass like the setup I currently have

I had one other question. Where is a good place to buy the sundown 1500? I know that chris with DB-r is a great place to get them but I was just wonderin if their is anywhere else. And the BTL I just get from their website?

Im guessing you are an SQ kind of guy then. Not worried about numbers on a termlab or having the loudest bass possible. Well I dont think you are looking at the right driver for what you want then. The BTL is considered one of the top SPL drivers on the market. Are looking to stick with only Fi? If so the Q or the BL might be more in your range. Or maybe even the SSD's. What kind of budget are you working with?

Well I am an SPL guy but what I Ment when I said I was looking for clean sound is like for example i have 2 kicker L7s and they are just loud like they don't sound good to me. I want SPL but cleaner if that makes sense and one of my friends had a BTL and I really like how it sounds. But I'm trying to spend under 2000. I already have all the wires and fuses and a secondary battery so I am pretty confident that I can get the BTL and the amplifier for under 2000. What do you guys think?

Well I am an SPL guy but what I Ment when I said I was looking for clean sound is like for example i have 2 kicker L7s and they are just loud like they don't sound good to me. I want SPL but cleaner if that makes sense and one of my friends had a BTL and I really like how it sounds. But I'm trying to spend under 2000. I already have all the wires and fuses and a secondary battery so I am pretty confident that I can get the BTL and the amplifier for under 2000. What do you guys think?

Ok I understand now. You should have said you have solobarics. Ive had one myself and from what everyone says, they tend to have the same sound no matter what. I have to agree. An Fi driver will be a HUGE upgrade in the sound you are looking for. You can get a fully loaded 18" BTL and the 2000D for about $1100-1200. You might as well go with the 2000D for an extra $115. They would be a perfect match!

Im pairing mine with the SAE1200D. It is on preorder right now for only $280 and it can do well over 1200 watts in the right conditions. Jacob (owner Sundown Audio) had it to about 1600-1700 watts I believe on his clamp tests.

Edited by bigrank916

Perfect I was just about to say I think I'm just going to get the 2000. Because it's not that much more expensive. In your oppinion what brands of HO alternators are good and work well?

Perfect I was just about to say I think I'm just going to get the 2000. Because it's not that much more expensive. In your oppinion what brands of HO alternators are good and work well?

DC power, Mechman, Ohio, Iraggi(if hes still around)

Those are some good alts off the top of my head. I have a Mechman 250 amp and I love it.

Ok. How much does yours cost and will it keep up with a second battery and the sundown 2000? Reason I ask is because 1 I'm not familiar with HO alternators and 2 one of my friends said the only alternator I should go with is DC because he claims no other companys are good but I find that really hard to believe haha

Ok. How much does yours cost and will it keep up with a second battery and the sundown 2000? Reason I ask is because 1 I'm not familiar with HO alternators and 2 one of my friends said the only alternator I should go with is DC because he claims no other companys are good but I find that really hard to believe haha

I bought mine on sale for $300 back in early summer I believe. Of course you can add a second battery and big amps, thats what its for. Battery banks are essential to big systems 3k watts and over. I only have one batt at the moment and my system handles it just fine.

DC power makes some fine alts, I hear. They are no sloutch but neither is Mechman. There is a lot more companies than just DC. Your friend is sucking on the teet, if you will.

Edited by bigrank916

Yes an HO alternator will keep up with a secondary battery, thats the purpose of getting them so you wont put too much strain on your factory one.

What box are your L7s in

What box are your L7s in

I would take a guess and say ported and tuned to high for his liking.

My L7s aren't in any special box. It's really shitty I just never built a box because I knew I was gonna upgrade

That doesn't answer the question. If we knew what box they're in maybe we could decipher why you don't like the sound so we know what to suggest for the BTL.

True. My bad guys. The box is ported and it's like a total of 4ft^3 to be honest with you I don't know what it's tuned to because it was one that a friend gave me, he didn't build it though he bought it. That's why I said it was just a crappy box, cuz it's a prefab. I do however plan on building the Box for the BTL and I can't wait