umm yes..wire is wire...cooper is cooper! lol!

Just got my 25ft of 2/0 welding cable in the mail. There is plenty copper in this baby. And when I run my wires through the firewall, I wrap it a couple of times with vinyl electrical tape. Never had any cuts in my wires before.

Just got my 25ft of 2/0 welding cable in the mail. There is plenty copper in this baby. And when I run my wires through the firewall, I wrap it a couple of times with vinyl electrical tape. Never had any cuts in my wires before.

:NeedPics:

It looks like every other welding cable. :D Its black with shiny copper insides.

Knu's 100% copper 1/0 wire is the same size as welding cable 2/0 wires not counting outer jacket. Both are 2/0 AWG size. Knu is a little bit more expensive.

It looks like every other welding cable. :D Its black with shiny copper insides.

Knu's 100% copper 1/0 wire is the same size as welding cable 2/0 wires not counting outer jacket. Both are 2/0 AWG size. Knu is a little bit more expensive.

Yeah I know about KnuKnoceptz and 2/0 welding wire being the same size since I was the one who posted it on the forum. Just messing with you about pictures.

so knu 100% copper wiring was as big at 2/0 wire? but they don't sell any of the 100% stuff any more. it is all 90% alu and 10% copper...

so knu 100% copper wiring was as big at 2/0 wire? but they don't sell any of the 100% stuff any more. it is all 90% alu and 10% copper...

No the Kollossus Cable 1/0 AWG is the same size as 2/0 AWG wire, most 1/0 AWG wire is 4,*** something odd strands and 2/0 AWG is 5,*** or better something odd strands (give or take some).

Well you see keep in mind that knu use 5000plus strands b/c it is alumiun strands so they need more strands to compensate for the alum

since copper is more superoir to alum...right...? so there are more strand to make up the difference or what is your take on that?

My link

Edited by CrazyKenKid

Their collosus fleks are 100% copper. and its the strands X the size of the strands too. But knu fleks is a bit expensive so I got welding cable instead.

o i guess i was thinking about the klmx! my bad wrogn stuff! but good to know!

Well you see keep in mind that knu use 5000plus strands b/c it is alumiun strands so they need more strands to compensate for the alum

since copper is more superoir to alum...right...? so there are more strand to make up the difference or what is your take on that?

My link

Well Im know genius on wire but Kicker is aluminum to and Knu has almost 400 or more strands than Kicker so I guess that is where they make up for it. But I went from doing some research and thats what I discovered (KnuKonceptz stated that on their website and if it isnt as big as 2/0 it is close enough so that if you use any other wire(if you ran out of Knu) for ground then you will have the right size then using Kicker Hyperflex 1/0 and having problems. Just my .02 and take on it.

Can i see some pics of 1/0 and 4/0 for comparison? Anyone have pics of 00ga (double zero)?

Its is some on here just gotta use the search function or look through some build logs, but there are pictures of all sizes on here is previous topics, just search.

Its is some on here just gotta use the search function or look through some build logs, but there are pictures of all sizes on here is previous topics, just search.

Sweet, thanks.

sorry for being late to da party, I've used welding cable for sometime now and i think if you protect you wire from sharp edges, it doesn't matter. I've had my welding cable in my Mustang for 10 yrs now, and not had any issues, other than having to trim it down to go in to 0 gauge terminals.