JoeHemi57

can the rl-p be reconed?

My rl-p which i got wednesday has suffered a nice wound to the cone and surround thanks to a friend that was mounting it in the box while i wired some stuff. I don't want to make him pay for a new sub but he will if he has to. Any help is appreciated.

Contact mike via PM. his username here is "SoundSplinter" I'm more than sure that it can be reconed.

Joe you might not need a full recone,

I'll run it like this until my avalanche comes in because it still sounds ok after the repair i did. the rl-p did not like the .9ft box at all so i put it in a 1.25 box and its much better.

I'll run it like this until my avalanche comes in because it still sounds ok after the repair i did. the rl-p did not like the .9ft box at all so i put it in a 1.25 box and its much better.

how was it acting?

how was it acting?

It sounded good but the output was lacking. I'm really surprised how much of a difference i i got in output by adding just a few tenths of a ft or airspace. It really handles the low freqs nice now compared to them being almost nonexistant in the smaller box. I had acousta-stuf in the smaller box which helped but the added airspace is much better. and i don't know what they're able to do for my damaged sub but i need a new cone and surround for mine. /rant.

mike has mentioned recones before, i can't remember the pricing, but i know he'll do them.

rl-ps (the 12's) love 1.25ft^3..lol....mine does!

make sure u give us a ava vs rl-p review...damaged or not..lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

review should not be too far off from your review of the XXX vs. RL-p, the Ava is a nice driver that is using XBL^2, so the sound and performance should not be too far off

just bumping this to the top so Mike will see it when he gets back...

Spoke wit cha on the phone about an hour ago. What a bummer about the damage! But then.. sh